Ever felt like you were in love with a fictional character?

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jk_
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 May 2009, 5:53 pm

AlMightyAl wrote:
Some people love god.

So true.

typ3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2009, 12:47 pm

Every now and then I'll have a dream I meet a wonderful girl, and pretty much fall for her. And I'll end up missing her the whole day after I wake up! lol

Also Haruko from FLCL is dreeeaaamy. :drunken:

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2009, 12:53 pm

typ3 wrote:
Every now and then I'll have a dream I meet a wonderful girl, and pretty much fall for her. And I'll end up missing her the whole day after I wake up! lol

Also Haruko from FLCL is dreeeaaamy. :drunken:

You and me both! LOL

Plus I LOVE Tank Girl.

It feels like it's a constent search to find the real human versions of them in real life. ENTP personality type, Gender non-conformists. :oops: *BLUSH* LOL ;)

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 1:30 pm

HELL NO.

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 1:34 pm

actually that girl from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" is pretty damn sexy

Last edited by jemir1234 on 24 May 2009, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2009, 1:34 pm

jemir1234 wrote:
HELL NO.

What do you mean? :?:

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 2:06 pm

AlMightyAl wrote:
Some people love god.
Quite what this has to do with imaginary characters I don't know... :P

Oh, I used to love Mulder. And before that Spock.

Actually, I still love Spock...

And... please don't laugh too much... Hamlet.

Possibly also Niles Crane... but he got Daphne. (Dag nabbit!)

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 2:17 pm

aaa

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 2:23 pm

So... who is "aaa"?

Or were you just groaning at the combination of Hamlet, Spock, Mulder and God?
(Sorry God.)

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 2:23 pm

lol go read the newest post

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 4:09 pm

Sorry... I don't know what the "newest post" is...

Do you mean on this thread? This sub section? The fora in general?

Me not know what you mean... sorry. :roll:

EternitieNow
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2009, 4:50 pm

I got all mushy over the female lead played by Jennifer Beals in Flashdance back during the summer between my junior and senior years of high skool.

Embarrassing enough I know, but during the following spring, and owing to a flash of uncharacteristic self-assuredness that seized me as I was hanging out in a coffee shop, I made the acquaintance of a senior finance major from the local uni who bore at least a passing resemblance to the aforementioned Ms. Beals (massive '80s hair inclusive lol), and we spent the better part of the next couple of months keeping generally delightful company until she moved back home and finished out her degree commuting for summer classes.

Nevertheless, EternityNow FTW! :D

EternitieNow
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 May 2009, 5:27 pm

EternityNow wrote:
...I made the acquaintance of a senior finance major from the local uni who bore at least a passing resemblance to the aforementioned Ms. Beals (massive '80s hair inclusive lol), and we spent the better part of the next couple of months keeping generally delightful company until she moved back home and finished out her degree commuting for summer classes.

OMGWTFBBQ!! ! 8O

I woke up with her on the brain this morning --I think of her often enough, and generally in a fond way, not pining or anything. I learnt a lot from our (brief) time keeping company, although I don't necessarily apply the knowledge all that well lol.

Anyway, we ceased keeping company on good terms and sort of kept in touch for a year and a half, but I found it kind of annoying how she'd expect me to drop whatever I was doing and meet her for coffee whenever she happened to be in town and would ring me up, and I haven't talked to her in 24 years.

So this morning I wake up with her on my mind, and after I fired up the coffee maker, I check my email, and I've got one from my kid brother who tells me that she contacted him over faceburger asking if he's in fact my kid brother.

No "tell him I said hi" or "could I get his contact information from you" --just "are you his brother?"

Freaky. Thing is, I really would prefer strongly to leave matters in the scrapbook, as it were, and I don't have any inclination toward having any contact with her and, among other things, accounting for the last quarter century of my life.

My kid brother is awaiting further instructions. I think I'll just tell him to ignore her message --she used to go to great lengths to track me down, and then not a peep for 24 years when she could have found me without much difficulty.

Weird, though.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 5:31 pm

Lol when I was a young teenager I used to have a crush on Vegeta (from Dragonball Z) soooooo embarrassing. :oops: :oops:

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 7:41 pm

I used to like Shampoo from Ranma 1/2.

Compared to now, those were the days.

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

showman616
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2009, 10:58 pm

Not fictional, but a minor celeb whom I never met in person,and who died ten years before I began to secretly french kiss her pictures on the jackets of her vinyl lps in my collection: Singer songwriter Laura Nyro.

First her pictures, then her music, had me obsessed with her for a spell, before I snapped out of it.

Then I stumbled upon a biography of her.
I learned from the book that- she and I might not have been soulmates- but she was easily about as wierd as I am!
That meant alot to me!