Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

seedub
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2009, 6:06 am

It hit me just barely that this is the best way to describe my problem.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or any suggestions to help me out? ...because thats kinda why I'm here.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 6:42 am

I wish we had the answers, but the more time I spend here the more questions I have. That's life I guess though, and questions are always good for broadening the mind. :P

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to try to learn to accept and love yourself for who you are, and find the positives in the things that are different (such as being stuck in the moment).

I often walk outside and get transfixed by the colours and shades of leaves on a tree, or something like that, and am sort of "stuck in the moment" (if that's what you're saying).

Lately I started thinking, wow, I love this, I love all the beauty and detail I absorb, so I started allowing myself to do so at times when I could (without running late), and enjoying and marveling at my perspective.

seedub
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2009, 6:48 am

sunshower wrote:
I wish we had the answers, but the more time I spend here the more questions I have. That's life I guess though, and questions are always good for broadening the mind. :P

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to try to learn to accept and love yourself for who you are, and find the positives in the things that are different (such as being stuck in the moment).

I often walk outside and get transfixed by the colours and shades of leaves on a tree, or something like that, and am sort of "stuck in the moment" (if that's what you're saying).

Lately I started thinking, wow, I love this, I love all the beauty and detail I absorb, so I started allowing myself to do so at times when I could (without running late), and enjoying and marveling at my perspective.

Maybe I come across incorrectly. I'm a pretty happy guy nowadays, though I have a tendancy to dwell on the negative things. And I do the same thing, in fact, i spend a lot of my time "looking" these days. You know, being on top of a hill with a few friends, and being able to see way out across the whole valley in front of me in full detail, while knowing they're not where I am, and can't see everything I see.

After I got back from my 3 week trip (cruise) I noticed that all the trees and flowers were partcularly standing out to me.

Anyways, what I mean, is that in order for me to move forward, and get myself to new places, I need to stop being how I am. but i guess none of us know the secret to that

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 May 2009, 8:24 pm

yes, and get used to it. :lol:

although, being stuck in the moment, or for a few years or few decades witha beautiful thing thats rare isnt so bad. one of the very bad things about having a DISORDER like autism is loving routine and being stuck. obsessed, or whatever :)