Page 7 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2009, 11:27 pm

Num Num Num, reading about the last comments here, and i'd think a good idea for a research would be to find if obesity and crime are related (and you could toss in ethnicity in the mix to make it even more explosive!). The whole thing done in complete objectivity of course ~­.~ .

hyder13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2009, 1:43 pm

Godzilla wrote:
I've sometimes been the subject of racism myself. But, not for being a racist, but for me being the target of racism.

I'm hispanic, Mexican and Salvadorian to be exact, and many of my friends call me a "border-hopper", even though both me and my parents were BOTH born in the US. Yes, Mexicans have a reputation for sneaking over here in the US, but that doesn't make us all the same.

It's like people who live or are from Germany. That doesn't automatically make them Nazis now, does it?

They also criticize me (more likely poke fun, but still) for liking a lot of American-oriented stuff, like I prefer rock music instead of that reggeaton trash, and I happen to dress with clothes from Hollister and Aeropostale, rather than wearing bandanas, baggy jeans, or XXX-large shirts. Many of the hispanics at my high-school are very ego-headed about that stuff, like they mainly speak Spanish amongst each other, and they all dress the same. Just because I'm friends with more caucasian people and I don't speak Spanish, doesn't mean anything.

Seriously people, just accept it.

Why do you have to accept social wrongs? Standing up against it is the only way to curb them

Godzilla
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2009, 6:40 pm

hyder13 wrote:
Godzilla wrote:
I've sometimes been the subject of racism myself. But, not for being a racist, but for me being the target of racism.

I'm hispanic, Mexican and Salvadorian to be exact, and many of my friends call me a "border-hopper", even though both me and my parents were BOTH born in the US. Yes, Mexicans have a reputation for sneaking over here in the US, but that doesn't make us all the same.

It's like people who live or are from Germany. That doesn't automatically make them Nazis now, does it?

They also criticize me (more likely poke fun, but still) for liking a lot of American-oriented stuff, like I prefer rock music instead of that reggeaton trash, and I happen to dress with clothes from Hollister and Aeropostale, rather than wearing bandanas, baggy jeans, or XXX-large shirts. Many of the hispanics at my high-school are very ego-headed about that stuff, like they mainly speak Spanish amongst each other, and they all dress the same. Just because I'm friends with more caucasian people and I don't speak Spanish, doesn't mean anything.

Seriously people, just accept it.

Why do you have to accept social wrongs? Standing up against it is the only way to curb them

I'm not. I'm only saying people should accept each other for who they are, not what they represent.

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 6:41 pm

hyder13 wrote:
OK, so do you just want everyone to go back to their ancestral countries? White people didn't create America but stole it and used genocide to take it over from its' original inhabitants. Sweden is a different situation but in the Western hemisphere everyone from anywhere has an equal right to that land.

Your meaning here is not clear to me at all.

Are you saying that everyone from anywhere has an equal right to Sweden but whites had no right to America?

Or are you saying that everyone from anywhere specifically within the Western hemisphere has an equal right to Sweden?

Or are you saying that everyone from anywhere has an equal right to both Sweden and America? (In which case, how can you talk of whites 'stealing' American land.)

Or are you merely pointing out that the Swedish authorities (like those in most other Western nation) seem intent on turning Sweden into a 'mirror of the world', in which case I'd agree that that - sadly - seems to be the case.

hyder13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2009, 11:16 pm

codarac wrote:
hyder13 wrote:
OK, so do you just want everyone to go back to their ancestral countries? White people didn't create America but stole it and used genocide to take it over from its' original inhabitants. Sweden is a different situation but in the Western hemisphere everyone from anywhere has an equal right to that land.

Are you saying that everyone from anywhere has an equal right to Sweden but whites had no right to America?

Or are you saying that everyone from anywhere specifically within the Western hemisphere has an equal right to Sweden?

Or are you saying that everyone from anywhere has an equal right to both Sweden and America? (In which case, how can you talk of whites 'stealing' American land.)

Or are you merely pointing out that the Swedish authorities (like those in most other Western nation) seem intent on turning Sweden into a 'mirror of the world', in which case I'd agree that that - sadly - seems to be the case.

Sorry I should've clarified my point more clearly. I'm saying that every race has equal rights to the Americas(save the ones where Amerindians are the majority like Peru) because white people are immigrants just as much as any other race.
Sweden can be as restrictive as they want with their immigration policies as it is their ancestral homeland. If they want to kick every non-Swede out of their country within a fair amount of time then that is their perrogative. They never colonized and as such should not be forced to take in other groups of people. Swedes(and most non-colonizing European nations) should stick to their own cultures and inforce stricter immigration policies imo. Look at the problems caused by some Muslim youths in the netherlands and norway for example. If these people are a problem to these European nations then send them back to their home countries. I just dont think that the Western hemisphere has this right...

hyder13
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2009, 11:19 pm

hyder13 wrote:
codarac wrote:
hyder13 wrote:

Sorry I should've clarified my point more clearly. I'm saying that every race has equal rights to the Americas(save the ones where Amerindians are the majority like Peru) because white people are immigrants just as much as any other race.
Sweden can be as restrictive as they want with their immigration policies as it is their ancestral homeland. If they want to kick every non-Swede out of their country within a fair amount of time then that is their perrogative. They never colonized and as such should not be forced to take in other groups of people.
Swedes(and most non-colonizing European nations) should stick to their own cultures and enforce stricter immigration policies imo. Look at the problems caused by some Muslim youths in the netherlands and norway for example. If these people are a problem to these European nations then send them back to their home countries. I just dont think that the Western hemisphere has this right as they are lands of immigrants(also the UK, France, and Spain colonized enough to where they also should be obligated to let in people from their former lands)...