Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Is someone jealous of you? (eg. intelligence, popularity, etc.)
Yes 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
Yes 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
No 27%  27%  [ 12 ]
No 27%  27%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 44

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 3:37 pm

I have had some people saying things to me because I was on a TV spelling competition and it has been getting quite annoying.

A coversation with me and some jealous idiot (referred to as :?:):

- :?: : Can you spell supercalifrag... (very long word) ?
(Pause from both of us)
-Me : No
- :?: : It's in the dictionary. (Someone else's name) told me. Ha!

And because I got the word 'whimsical' wrong, I heard someone say that word in an attempt to annoy me. I wasn't too bothered, but it is unnecessary to even try to annoy me.

One particular girl earlier today said to me 'I saw you on the telly. You lost!' I was not too bothered by this either because she was a complete b***h and I did a lot better than her.

I want to think of the perfect thing to say to people when they say things like these. Can anyone help? These comments aren't extremely upsetting to me but I want to say something that will make the other person feel inferior and unintelligent.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 4:19 pm

As much as people like me, and I have nice traits, no, people are not jealous of me.

Someone would say something to me if I was, but I think they have just been focusing on my noticeable qualities.

TheGreyBadger
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jan 2006, 5:08 pm

My sister - who has me beat for worldly success, popularity, and reputation - told me when we both had comprehensive IQ tests that she did not want to know mine if it was over 140. She said she'd always been furiously jealous over that.

Ironically - I don't think we're that far apart, either!

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2006, 6:19 pm

Somewhere, someone out there is jealous of me. Probably people in alternate universes... Who have heard of the Great Aspie Man, and say to themselves: "Why couldn't I have thought of that? Steven Cory must be very great indeed." 8)

I'm joking by the way.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2006, 11:44 pm

I honestly don't know if people are jealous of me or if they pity me. I am smarter than a lot of people and they SHOULD know it, but I get the feeling that I am not even given the respect that smart people typically get. Bah, whatever! I will show them! I will show them all!! ! :twisted: Well, probably not.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2006, 8:32 pm

HA.

Not bloody likely.

If they are they don't like to talk about it.

I'm not naturally a jealous person, but at times i've been jealous of another, like, i dunno, twice.

But seriously I doubt it.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2006, 10:50 pm

I think nobody is jealous of Me and I am not jealous of anybody either.

ramsamsam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2006, 4:06 am

Well when I used to wear eyeliner I remember loitering around a youth club and some girls expressed how my eyes looked so pultritundous (well not really in such a pretentious manner though), and at some length they discussed how they longed they had such as mine.
However I believe this was a facade as they are of the inoffensive baptist type, who would do neigh on anything to please all.*

Also on several occassions one member of my college expressed that she longed to have like mine.

Whilst, I do not believe that the afore mentioned are jealous of me, I just thought that they bore some pertinance.

*I do not wish to cause grievous offence, I just have poor schema for those who adhere to the practice of baptism.

alblurt_06
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jan 2006, 2:06 pm

Actually, I don't think anyone is jealous of me.

I find myself to be jealous of others sometimes. It's a material jealousy. Is that a part of AS or is it just me? o_O

hell_grey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2006, 9:20 pm

i would prolly say something along the lines of "i might have missed the word whimsical but at least i got on the show at all.. didnt see YOU on the show" and laugh like i didnt care. when people make fun of me i usually laugh to make it look like i dont care or just look at them like "what did i do to you as*hole?" and they stop.

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2006, 11:28 pm

I can't see why anyone would be jealous of me.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2006, 5:08 am

I know of a few people who are jealous of me but it's mainly stuff I have little control over, if any. It irritates me a bit because they complain about whatever they're jealous of and I can't do anything to make them feel better or myself, because I start feeling inadequate and frustrated because they know I can't do alot about it.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2006, 11:54 pm

I have had to deal with other people's jealousy all my life. I didn't know why people were so mean to me until I was in my 20's and a psychology student who was a friend of mine noticed it too and say "They're totally jealous! How sad!" Then I realized that this has been going on all my life. *sigh* Mainly it's because I'm intelligent and very independant. It seems like such a stupid thing to do - be jealous - but it seems to be hobby for a lot of people. Just learn to ignore them.

That's cool that you were on TV for a spelling contest. You've done something most other people will never do - point that out the next time someone mocks you. You should be proud of that. Don't let petty dunces take that from you.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2006, 7:05 am

Cade wrote:
Mainly it's because I'm intelligent and very independant.

ZING!

hehe, sorry.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2006, 8:43 am

Doubt it.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2006, 11:25 am

I was one of 30 who made it onto the TV heats, out of 100000 people who took part.