Games that you've played that other people haven't heard of

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 8:56 am

darkfire627 wrote:
I used to play a game called Evil Genius. No one that I knew had heard of it anyway...

I used to have this game, but I loaned it out to somebody and they never returned it.

~

I'm not sure how obscure these are, but two games no one I've met seems to know of are Guardian's Crusade and Legend of Dragoon.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 11:16 am

kalantir wrote:
ihitterdal wrote:
Mystical Ninja for the N64 (despite it being the 22nd (I think) best selling N64 game in America), Sam and Max, Tales of Vesperia, The Orange Box (this frustrated me quite a bit, considering the inferior but still pretty good Call of Duty 4 skyrocketed in sales, as did Halo 3), and Trauma Center. Then again, I live in a smaller town with quite a few gamers, yet most of them are mainstream and ignore anything else.

The Orange Box is pretty mainstream though... or at least I thought it was? I mean, its got Portal, Half Life 2, and Team Fortress... 2 huge hits and another game that wasn't a hit, but didn't go unnoticed either...

Erm, all three are actually pretty big hits. More for PC though than for consoles.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 1:12 am

Everything from my Apple ][+ days, growing up. Hacker, Captain Goodnight, and I WAS going to say Choplifter, but Phil777 just about knocked me out of my seat when he put THAT title up there. LOL. I also loved the old text-only adventures from a company called Infocom. This was before this newfangled thing you youngsters call "The Internet" and there were no 'online strategy guides' or any of that trot.

To be more modern-ly obscure, I love the Shin Megami Tensei series (Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, etc) and many games that I would need access to a Kanji character set to post since they're Japanese exclusive titles.

BlackjackGabbiani
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2009, 6:19 am

Shin Megami Tensei is obscure?

Elfnote wrote:
Pokemon - As above, I only know two people IRL that play pokemon anymore in my age group. I'm convinced that 3rd gen ruined it for a good number of people, myself included(I came back to it after trying a 4th gen game through one of the aforementioned friend's copy)

I don't know what your age group is, but on the site where I work, it's considered irregular to be a Pokemon player under 14.

Anyway! Anyone here ever played Illusion of Gaia? Awesome game, beautiful graphics and music, nonsensical plot. But you fight with a FLUTE.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 3:19 pm

BlackjackGabbiani wrote:
Anyone here ever played Illusion of Gaia?

I own it...I should probably replay it sometime, haven't in a while.

But heck, I still need to play through Terranigma :x

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 3:28 pm

Who's played Baten Kaitos? Anyone here? I have - it's a sort of quirky RPG - guess that doesn't say much though... most RPG's are kinda quirky.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 6:34 pm

Impossible Creatures. I had a ton of fun playing it, but there are not very many who have heard of it. There used to be a place called Impossible Creatures Heaven, but I think it's closed now.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 12:26 am

ihitterdal wrote:
Mystical Ninja for the N64 (despite it being the 22nd (I think) best selling N64 game in America), Sam and Max, Tales of Vesperia, The Orange Box (this frustrated me quite a bit, considering the inferior but still pretty good Call of Duty 4 skyrocketed in sales, as did Halo 3), and Trauma Center. Then again, I live in a smaller town with quite a few gamers, yet most of them are mainstream and ignore anything else.

I've played The Orange Box and Trauma Center. I also live in a small town.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 12:30 am

Monsters for the Gameboy Color. It's a turn-based RPG quite like Pokèmon.