Games that you've played that other people haven't heard of

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Godzilla
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2009, 9:27 pm

I have to say, I'm not much of a gamer now. I played games when I was 12 and 13. I'm 16 now. But I still love retro games, since they're obviously more fun and simple. Nowadays it's all about graphics and online play.

Anyways, games that I've played that I think others haven't played are Killer Instinct (SNES), Eternal Champions (Sega Genesis), Izzy's Quest for The olympic rings (SNES), Clockwork Knight (Sega), BALLZ 3-D (SNES), Clayfighter 63 1/3 (N64), Armada (Dreamcast)

Those are just a few to name. How about all of you? :)

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 1:14 am

Slash'Em - Possibly one of my favorite games ever, but I've yet to meet anyone who's heard of it prior to me mentioning it.

ihitterdal
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2009, 6:30 pm

Mystical Ninja for the N64 (despite it being the 22nd (I think) best selling N64 game in America), Sam and Max, Tales of Vesperia, The Orange Box (this frustrated me quite a bit, considering the inferior but still pretty good Call of Duty 4 skyrocketed in sales, as did Halo 3), and Trauma Center. Then again, I live in a smaller town with quite a few gamers, yet most of them are mainstream and ignore anything else.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 11:19 pm

I still have a Nintendo Virtual Boy I got at full price in early 1996. I also have six games for it. Most people haven't played a single Virtual Boy game.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 2:00 am

Godzilla wrote:

Anyways, games that I've played that I think others haven't played are Killer Instinct (SNES), Eternal Champions (Sega Genesis), Izzy's Quest for The olympic rings (SNES), Clockwork Knight (Sega), BALLZ 3-D (SNES), Clayfighter 63 1/3 (N64), Armada (Dreamcast)

Those are just a few to name. How about all of you? :)

I have Eternal Champions for Genesis :lol: That game is awesome.

I still have a bunch of super random Genesis games (as well as one of the original Genesis systems that still works great, I bought it new in like '93), although I hardly play them these days--my favorites among the ones I have are Shadowrun, Tyrants, and General Chaos.

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 2:48 am

ihitterdal wrote:
Mystical Ninja for the N64 (despite it being the 22nd (I think) best selling N64 game in America), Sam and Max, Tales of Vesperia, The Orange Box (this frustrated me quite a bit, considering the inferior but still pretty good Call of Duty 4 skyrocketed in sales, as did Halo 3), and Trauma Center. Then again, I live in a smaller town with quite a few gamers, yet most of them are mainstream and ignore anything else.

The Orange Box is pretty mainstream though... or at least I thought it was? I mean, its got Portal, Half Life 2, and Team Fortress... 2 huge hits and another game that wasn't a hit, but didn't go unnoticed either...

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 8:35 am

http://www.smashingames.com/games/zombi ... layer.html register and have fun:) :D my name is aspieslayer

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 1:38 pm

ihitterdal wrote:
Mystical Ninja for the N64...

I really need to get that game. I love Goemon for some reason, but I've never gotten to play either of the 64 games...and I was at the game store the other day and they had BOTH of them...$15 each though, and I only had $10 on me :cry:

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 1:57 pm

I suppose not too many people know about the Ubersoldier games. I got them because I really like FPS games and I'm probably the only gamer who isn't sick to death of WW2. :lol:

Now I'm stuck on a boss who seems impervious to all weapons, and since not many people have played these games, there are no walkthroughs or hints on how to defeat him. :(

ihitterdal
Toucan
Toucan

10 May 2009, 11:07 pm

kalantir wrote:
ihitterdal wrote:

The Orange Box is pretty mainstream though... or at least I thought it was? I mean, its got Portal, Half Life 2, and Team Fortress... 2 huge hits and another game that wasn't a hit, but didn't go unnoticed either...

It is quasi-mainstream, but in terms of actual people playing it, it's rather low, at least around here. At my school, something like five people own a copy. Five. I'm not even kidding.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2009, 11:21 pm

Oh, let's see:

Galactic Civilizations (I, II)
Black and White (only played II)
Star Trek Armada
Star Trek Legacy
JTF
Space Empires V
The X series (played all but the first one)

luigi645
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2009, 4:14 pm

Garrys mod 10, no one in my school knows about it

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

13 May 2009, 5:36 pm

Earthbound/Mother series - well known on the internet, but I only know one person IRL that knows about the series.

Pokemon - As above, I only know two people IRL that play pokemon anymore in my age group. I'm convinced that 3rd gen ruined it for a good number of people, myself included(I came back to it after trying a 4th gen game through one of the aforementioned friend's copy)

Pikmin - This time, I know absolutely nobody who plays this in person.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 2:32 pm

Elfnote wrote:
...well known on the internet, but I only know one person IRL that knows about the series.

Well, I think that's the thing...if the original question were phrased this way, I could name a million games I like that nobody I know in person has played :oops:

But when it comes to being well-known in general, most of my favorite games are pretty big names.

However, it does seem more like most people have only heard of these games, and the amount of people who have actually played them is much fewer. Take just about any Looking Glass game, for instance. Even XBox fans have heard of Thief and System Shock.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 12:37 pm

fallout one and two

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 3:42 pm

Flight Unlimited, Fragile Alliance, NASCAR Racing 2, Noctis, Jazz Jackrabbit 2, Dr. Goo 1-3, Ramparts, MegaRace, Creatures, IAF, and Canada's Army (Just kidding.) Space Empires 2-5, but I have no clue if there was ever a one. Also, Knights & Merchants, and Inner Space, and Geneforge, Avernum, and the Exile Series.
There are other obscure games, like Pizza Tycoon and the like. It helps when there is an abandonware site in your favorites.