Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

d057
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 8:01 pm

I have the stupidest health teacher on the face of the earth, and here is why. Yesterday we had the test on HIV/AIDS and STDs, and one of the questions was to circle all of the behaviors that can cause HIV to be transmitted, and one of the choices said "people who do certain things together", which meant sex. Why can't he just right the real word on there, its natural, its how we all got here!

Another reason why I hate him is that now we are talking about physical fitness. I was supposed to do this real stupid assignment about people worrying too much about technology, and not exercising. I had to write my view on it, and ask a question about it. And I said my view was that technology is more important than "physical fitness", and the question I wrote on there was "what does being physically fit have to do be with being intelligent?" Most of the physically fit people out there are arrogant asswholes who only care about themselves. Sitting and listening to someone talk about physical fitness for two whole weeks is not going to inspire them to be physically fit, so why should I listen to my stupid health teacher? Health class is a waste of my time!

Last edited by d057 on 09 May 2009, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HappyFox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2009, 9:02 pm

I can't believe that they can't say the word sex on a health test about HIV/AIDS. I think that they should say the correct name for it. According to your account your 18 so your in high school right? I could understand if it was some elementary school students, but your in high school. I'm still wondering why they would do that because I think most highschoolers maybe even all should know what sex is. Maybe there are angry parents that would kill who ever let their daughter or son know what sex is. This is so stupid. I'm in middle school and our school let us know that you get HIV/AIDS from sex so why not your school? :?

Mist01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2009, 9:20 pm

Are you in a religious school, by chance?

Not teaching someone (someone who cant think for themselves) about sex and safe sex practices can actually increase the odds that they will engange in unsafe sexual practices, thus increasing their chances of contracting an STD or making the girl pregnant (assuming the two are heterosexual).

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 11:59 pm

HappyFox wrote:
I can't believe that they can't say the word sex on a health test about HIV/AIDS. I think that they should say the correct name for it. According to your account your 18 so your in high school right? I could understand if it was some elementary school students, but your in high school. I'm still wondering why they would do that because I think most highschoolers maybe even all should know what sex is. Maybe there are angry parents that would kill who ever let their daughter or son know what sex is. This is so stupid. I'm in middle school and our school let us know that you get HIV/AIDS from sex so why not your school? :?

well, what if they don't call anal sex or oral sex SEX? they say 'do things together' so maybe that means they play miniature golf or lick each others eyeballs. I think they don't know what to call analingus or fellatio (for example) or even want to! It might be more of what the teacher can handle, not what the adolescents can handle.

Merle

d057
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 5:30 pm

Mist01 wrote:

Not teaching someone (someone who cant think for themselves) about sex and safe sex practices can actually increase the odds that they will engange in unsafe sexual practices, thus increasing their chances of contracting an STD or making the girl pregnant (assuming the two are heterosexual).

No, i go to a public high school, I think they should use all the "real words" because its how it happens, its how we all came into existance. Its funny because i have a real small helath class, and most of the people have claimed they've had sex anyway, and guess what? they're the ones that fall asleep while the teacher is talking.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 5:30 pm

Mist01 wrote:

No, i go to a public high school, I think they should use all the "real words" because its how it happens, its how we all came into existance. Its funny because i have a real small helath class, and most of the people have claimed they've had sex anyway, and guess what? they're the ones that fall asleep while the teacher is talking.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 5:33 pm

i have no idea why the site posted that twice..

d057
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 5:55 pm

And about the physical fitness thing, i'm not saying that all physically fit people are arrogant asswholes. I have a close friend who wrestles in high school, he can bench 400, and he can run 5 miles every day. He is one of the nicest people you would ever meet, he is very layed back and he gets along with just about everybody. He has a real nice girlfriend, and a real nice family. He is a senior this year, and he is going to the University of Pittsburgh this year. He has aspergers, and I really hope the best for him.