Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

alex
Developer
Developer

14 May 2009, 6:26 am

sunshower wrote:
I'm out of college now and back at home (for at least a few weeks) after a massive breakdown from over-stimulation. Serves me right for trying to be an NT and keep more friends than I was able to. :(

well, get back ASAP. doing makeup work can be just as stressful!! !!

Dentu
Raven
Raven

14 May 2009, 10:40 am

There's nothing wrong with having lots of friends. It sounds like that's just part of your nature. Just remember to treat yourself well too, and that means taking breaks when you get tired. That's physically and emotionally.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 6:32 pm

alex wrote:
sunshower wrote:
I'm out of college now and back at home (for at least a few weeks) after a massive breakdown from over-stimulation. Serves me right for trying to be an NT and keep more friends than I was able to. :(

well, get back ASAP. doing makeup work can be just as stressful!! !!

It's alright, my mum is driving me to university classes from home (college in Australia is student accommodation), unfortunately a long way, but I only have two solid days of classes a week. I have extensions on my assignments, but I'm still working on them.

I really was at the point where I couldn't go on. The stress was so extreme suicidal thoughts were constantly running through my head for no good reason, and I am not a suicidal person.

TheKingsRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2009, 2:59 am

richardbenson wrote:
being popular is all about copying someone else, ideas, clothing, hair. whatever, frankly i wanted to be popular but now i dont. too much of a hassle

I got popular by being entirely myself without ever copying anyone.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 3:53 am

TheKingsRaven wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
being popular is all about copying someone else, ideas, clothing, hair. whatever, frankly i wanted to be popular but now i dont. too much of a hassle

I got popular by being entirely myself without ever copying anyone.

I didn't copy anyone either. I've always been fiercely individual. And I certainly wasn't trying to be popular, it just sort of happened by itself.