Treated Like Crap Then Wants To Be Your Mentor

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 12:49 pm

Have you ever had to deal with people in a position of authority over you who discriminated against you then when they won: They wanted to act like they were your mentor or helper?

Last edited by Silver_Meteor on 09 May 2009, 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

misslottie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2009, 1:02 pm

yes, several times. it's bullying- ive had friends do it, as well as people i have worked for.

especially a couple of bosses where i voluenteer, who thought a.s= moron (i am far more inteligent than both, so it was particually galling).

its just passive aggressive, and really bad mannered.

what problem sare you having??

mikemmlj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 May 2009, 1:14 pm

Absolutely, typical adult bully behavior. They want the "victim" to be emotionally dependent on them, in my case to be honest I often sought out "bullies" because i would know how the relationship would work. I don't have to think about how to behave I just do what I am told. Make sense?

normally_impaired
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2009, 1:26 pm

I remember once when I was in (sped) highschool being told by a teacher that I shouldn't get a bank account and should instead have my parents manage all my money for me. Later that day, I went to a bank and got an account, and when I was walking out of the bank, I saw that teacher driving by and glanced at me. A week later in an IEP meeting, that same teacher said "One of the great achievements Rob made this year with our help was to get his very own bank account". After that I said "yea, after you assumed I was too ret*d to. The reason I now have a bank account has nothing to do with what I learned in school, it's entirely based off the fact that I walked into a bank and filled out a form".

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 May 2009, 3:08 pm

uh no. i dont go to classes or counceling so nobody has that control over me. ive learned how to be my own answer, not only does this save a gazillion dollars, it works just as good as the real thing

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 3:56 pm

The best way to deal with them is to play dumb while you subtly undermine them. Make mistakes that could cost them their careers or say things that reflect their incompetence. If they constantly underestimate you, nothing looks deliberate.