Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

aurea
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 5:51 pm

Happy mothers day to all the past and present mums out there. Happy mothers day to all expectant mums as well. :D :D

My mothers day started at 5am, my oldest son (19 no dx) woke me up with a breakfast coffee. He worked until 2am then stayed awake so that he could give me a coffee in bed ( I usually am awake at this time, but was actually managing to sleep in :? ) He meant well, lol within about 20 minutes he had fallen asleep in my bed- that was it for my lay around.
My youngest (10 AS) woke up at around 7am and gave me the gift he had made, Yay its only been the last 18 months that he has given me any art work (thank you autism teachers) He had made me a ceramic mug and decorated it with what he tells me is Link from Zelda (green stick man) a big black section (this is the dark) and a red spider. Inside on the bottom of the mug he has painted I heart U mum. :lol: It is beautiful, he also made me a card ( another WOW) and he gave me a few things that he bought at the school stall. I am the luckiest mum in the world.

We are meeting my sister and her family for lunch in the local park later, then my boys have told me they will be making dinner ( my oldest tells me I'm getting 2 minute noodles) ha ha ha.

I hope everyone else has as happy a mothers day as I am. Cheers Aurea xoxo

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2009, 6:51 pm

Sounds lovely :)

I haven't gotten to Mother's Day yet, but the kids and my husband did go out shopping this afternoon ...

AS11
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 May 2009, 7:27 am

I asked for and got a few hours of sweet, sweet peace and quiet to read my Sunday paper!