Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2014, 6:50 pm

All I can't stand any of them

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 10:13 am

Cvulgaris wrote:
Cats, also. One of my cats is part Siamese. He got the Siamese voice. There are days when I simply cannot deal with him, even though he got the Siamese affection too. He has to stay in a cage when unsupervised, and he cries so loudly and so ceaselessly.

Why? Why would you put a cat in a cage? They are really not suitable animals for sitting in a cage. Of course they are going to make noise if you lock them up.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2014, 9:45 am

I don't have much problem with screaming children or crying babies, but barking dogs get on my nerves. Although if the dog is big then my response is more "fear" than "annoyance." I've never been a fan of large dogs, I only got used to being near my uncle's golden retriever a couple years ago, and that dog is really affectionate. Walking home from the bus stop after school, there would sometimes be random dogs from a small apartment complex nearby barking at me and it really got on my nerves. Even more annoying is the fact that those people don't put their dogs on a leash when letting them out, so a lot of times they may make their way to me or my house and scare my family's cats. Some people don't realize that there are leash laws in our community.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:35 pm

These 3 noises are the worst sounds I can think of, and I can not stand any of them at all. I voted "all" for the poll.

I work in a public library, which is supposed to be a quiet place, but no one ever follows that rule. Parents bring their annoying little brats there & let them run around & make all kinds of loud noises. Whenever I am working & I hear screaming kids or crying babies, I get angry, cover my ears, and I yell "Shhhh!" as loud as I can. I simply do not understand why my library allows kids & babies to be so loud. It is one of many reasons why I never want to have any children.

With dogs, I only like quiet, mellow dogs. I can not tolerate the barking at all. My Dad has a whole bunch of little dogs called Pomeranians, and I absolutely detest every one of them; they are the loudest & most obnoxious dogs I have ever encountered. They bark constantly, and it is very high-pitched. Whenever I go to his house, I have to wear industrial-strength ear muffs to muffle the noise of the barking. Just 3 days ago, I went to his house for dinner after I got off work at the library, and one of his dogs died while I was there. I was not sad at all. His loud dogs were one of many problems I had during the 2 years I lived with him & his wife, and I could not wait to move out & live alone. Even now, I spend most of my free time at home alone where I have peace & quiet.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 2:13 pm

I hate all of them!

Barking dogs are the worse!(especially when they have a really loud one!) I cannot stand the sound of a barking dog! When I walk down the street I have to cover my ears when I hear a dog barking, it's annoying.

The screaming kids also get on my nerves!(it doesn't help that I live close to a playground)
That's why summer is now my most hated season, and I can't wait till it's over! Sometimes I have to wear earplugs while in the house just to block out the sound.

Crying babies can be annoying but only when they are screaming at the top of their lungs. I get very irritated when babies do that especially in small areas where you have no way to avoid them!

If I had to rank them.

1.Barking Dogs
2.Screaming Children
3.Crying Babies

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2017, 12:16 pm

Screaming kids and babies are the worst. I wish I could stick them in a cage and shoot them out into a field. I have openly told these parents in the store and out in public that their kids are a pest and most will act clueless unless you lay the law down with them, as in you talk in a more serious and commanding tone. Do I care if I come across as a jerk? No, and some other people are thankful for it. As someone who has worked in retail I know how to get bad parents and their kids booted from a store but have never had to do it simply because you have to mean business. A lot of parents expect society to put up with their crap and you have to show them that you won't take their s**t. If they're in your neighborhood then see if you can get law enforcement to enforce noise ordinances if you can (they might just haul the parents and the kids off themselves and give you and your other neighbors some peace and quiet :D )

As for barking dogs, I don't find them as annoying but I don't see them as pets. I see them as pests and I would recommend calling the pound and see if they can haul the animal off if the noise is too much. Sometimes spreading a lot of cinnamon and cayenne pepper in the area helps too (cats hate this if you have a cat problem) if you want to try that.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 12:44 pm

raises wing All of those sounds hurt my ears horribly. Barking dogs tend to be the least difficult to tolerate for me, because the pitch tends to be easier on my ears (unless it's a little yappy dog), but the volume is still a problem. One of the many reasons I'll never have kids is because crying and screaming children would leave me huddled in a corner with my hands over my ears when I should really be tending to the child. High-pitched squeals are the worst for me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"