ALL 22%  22%  [ 135 ]
ALL 25%  25%  [ 154 ]
None 1%  1%  [ 9 ]
None 2%  2%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 609

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Jul 2013, 9:20 pm

Ya know, I am put off by all of the above. Hearing such cacophony really makes me uneasy.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2013, 11:50 pm

Screaming children bother me especially when I'm tired. I live in an apartment and I have neighbours who let their kids run loose up and down the halls screaming. I find my workplace quieter than my apartment at times. The constant screaming and running makes me cover my ears and close my eyes tight while lying still. My head feels like it wants to explode and I want to scream so I end up shaking it side to side. Strangely enough, the equipment such as the hose cutting machine, and various metal cutting machines don't bother me at work.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 7:38 am

I can't stand the sound of screaming children and crying babies. Especially so when parents don't make the efforts to get them to quiet down. Why don't they? I have no idea. Maybe they don't realize how much power they have in getting the child to comply with the order to stop screaming. And maybe they find the sound of their baby crying somehow endearing, so they don't stop the crying.

Barking dogs, on the other hand, are no problem at all. I kind of like hearing the barking sound, and that's despite being afraid of dogs when I was little. I even laugh when I hear two different-sized dogs barking back-and-forth. The end result is almost comical: massive, thumping low-pitched barks, alternating with jumpy, squeaky, high-pitched barks.

I don't know why I feel that way. Maybe because I associate crying babies and screaming children with my unhappy childhood that I wish never existed (that is, go straight from newborn to adult), while I associate barking dogs with man's best friend and always wanting a dog when I was growing up (that is, after I stopped being afraid of dogs).

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 11:35 pm

Screaming children & crying babies are tied as the worst, to my poor ears.
Barking dogs bother me, but not as badly as the above two offenders.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 3:48 pm

I can put up with screaming children and crying babies unless I am having migraines at the time. But I cannot put up with barking dogs, as they are annoying and sometimes startling. I used to own a St. Bernard who would bark continuously for no reason whatsoever, and that would get on my nerves, especially at night when we're trying to sleep. I can honestly say that I'm more of a cat person; at least they're quieter most of the time.

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2013, 6:38 am

Screaming children, more so 'older' children having temper tantrums.
I always think to myself, "What a brat" when I hear kids having tantrums over toys and sweets.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 2:55 pm

There are all just as bad as each other.

Major_G
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2013, 12:12 am

Definitely screaming kids & crying babies are the worst. Barking dogs can be annoying, too, but they aren't as ear-splitting as the previous two.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs[/youtube]

JrJohnbarn1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2013, 6:34 am

I absolutely hate screaming kids and babies with a passion, I can't go anywhere or do anything without having to put up with ear piercing screams every two minutes. I know a lot of them probably don't know any better but it just irritates me and grates on my nerves so much, they are my pet hate :x

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jun 2014, 6:01 am

Another Update: I had an extreme nervous breakdown in my backyard over my neighbors grandchildren screaming and ran in the house soaking wet from my pool. It was the worst I ever had and lately I haven't been so good with tolerating it.
My therapist is supposed to give me medicine for my lack of attention, so maybe it'll help me deal with the screaming...

www.stewartmango.com

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jul 2014, 1:54 am

I hate the crying babies & screaming kids if they keep it up. I'm not as bothered by barking dongs thou I dislike em doing it alot. I'm oddly sensitive to the pitch/tone of cats mewoying loudly thou I don't hate it any worse the the loud babies & kids.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

bmasters1981
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Aug 2014, 10:01 am

WardenWolf wrote:
All of the above. Why I own a cat, not a dog.

Likewise! My cats have been great. I have never been much for dogs.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2014, 3:28 pm

i hate them all. the house just north of mine is packed with about 20 illegal immigrants, most of them children. their house is a mess, their children run around, screaming bloody murder on the sidewalk and onto my front yard up to 10 at night. they throw parties about every 3 days.
they recently got a surround sound home theater system too, it seems. They like DreamWorks, apparently.
we got a dog back in may, she's small but she has a powerful voice.
from bad to worst i'd rank them:

Barking dogs
Crying babies
Screaming children.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2014, 10:59 pm

Blasty wrote:
Every day for six months, I had to resist the urge to walk to my car with pistol in hand and simply off the neighbor's obnoxious dogs on the way. Or whack them on the head with a hardwood club. Or throw them some poisoned meat. I had to deal with them barking incessantly and aggressively at me every time I stepped outside. Fortunately I was able to control that urge.

Then I moved. No more dogs! :D Now I have to deal with stupid little kids either in the road or throwing things into the road as I come home. I thought parents still taught kids that the street is dangerous? Seems like they don't give a crap about controlling their kids, but as soon as I bump one off it'll be all my fault :roll:.

Crying babies and screaming toddlers. Yep, that's another bad sound. When I hear that in a store or a restaurant, I just wish the parents had a roll of duct tape or a sedative handy. Or that it was socially acceptable for me to walk over there do it myself.

If I ever open a restaurant, there will be a dumpster next to the front door where people will be required to deposit their screaming little brats before they come in.

I hate society.

Your whole post made me LOL! "roll of duct tape" :lol:

I voted for ALL.

The last apartment I lived, I had been there for 8 years. The next door neighbours had a black Lab who would bark at me every evening when I went to walk my rabbit. Their deck was just at ear-level for me where I would walk my bunny where the grass was, and the fence did nothing to muffle the sound. This dog would be super quiet sometimes so I'd think she wasn't out, then she'd wait till I was right beside the fence and on the other side at ear level was her deck and she'd bark so loud right beside me my poor heart would just about jump out my chest 8O :evil: I hate being startled dammit.

I don't blame the dog - I blame the owners, there are those collars nowadays that help train the dog not to bark at everything.

The kicker is that I would speak to the dog in soothing voices, hoping she'd get used to me and recognize I'm not an intruder. But after 8 years she would still bark at me - and they say dogs are smart, I don't get it but this dog didn't seem smart to me, after 8 years I never intruded in her yard and yet she didn't come to recognize my voice after all that time??! !

ETA: I would never throw poisoned meat to a dog.. I think people who do that for real are horrible scum, now the owners on the other hand.........

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196

Cvulgaris
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2014, 9:18 pm

Kids/babies--absolutely. Eff that noise. I cannot do anything when I hear that. People bring their kids to the movies (little ones that don't know how to behave), and I'm like, why?! Hire a sitter, GDit. I will get up and leave if peoples' kids start making noise. Older kids that are respectful, I really like. They have to be old enough for me to talk to them, and not horrible and obnoxious.

Dogs, it really depends. Little yappy dogs are the kind I want to shoot. I never would (except maybe with a Super Soaker). Larger dogs don't bother me unless they are really close. My dog is medium (45 lbs) and her bark doesn't bother me unless it is right in my face. Like if she is asleep on the couch next to me and something startles her. Then I yell. But her bark is our security system, so I don't want to completely discourage her.

Cats, also. One of my cats is part Siamese. He got the Siamese voice. There are days when I simply cannot deal with him, even though he got the Siamese affection too. He has to stay in a cage when unsupervised, and he cries so loudly and so ceaselessly.

After the cats and dog are gone, I think I will get rabbits again. They are quiet and they can't puke. They don't steal your food. They can be destructive, but it is also easy to bunny-proof a room. Not so easy trying to cat-proof. They are cheap to maintain and don't need flea stuff or vaccines.

Maf40
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Sep 2014, 5:27 pm

My son,4, will, without fail slap any child that is crying I'm guessing because the pitch drives him up the walls. My nerves are shot at any kind of event now waiting for the next incident. He slapped a baby in the cinema today and I just couldn't get to him quick enough. Has anyone any insight into how to help him control this? I know he is young and control will come but any pointers would be appreciated