Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 May 2009, 12:52 am

Welcome to movie night! I found the entire film online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzVebX_O ... playnext=1

I vaguely remember seeing this. What a treat it is to see it now... even with dated special effects. The story is entertaining! :)

Also, Hollywood is filming a remake.

The former things have passed away."

-Vorzac-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 May 2009, 2:33 am

8O

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2009, 11:36 am

kxmode wrote:
Welcome to movie night! I found the entire film online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzVebX_O ... playnext=1

I vaguely remember seeing this. What a treat it is to see it now... even with dated special effects. The story is entertaining! :)

Also, Hollywood is filming a remake.

I enjoyed that movie too. I didn't know it was being remade. I guess Hollywood has run out of ideas so they're remaking everything. It took alot of liberties with my ancestors' stories, but was still great fun.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 8:09 pm

I think it's a film that SHOULD be remade, because we need to have mythology-centered films with modern day special effects! Usually anytime that there's going to be one--"Troy" or "King Arthur"--then they decide to cut out all the mythological elements in favor of a "more realistic" (and often boring) approach. Then we get something like "300" which takes a historical moment and TURNS it into a mythological one thanks to epic historical liberties. (I know, it's based on the graphic novel.)

Anyway, the experience of the original "Clash of the Titans" is tainted due to that annoying as hell comic relief golden owl. It's a very dated film, but could potentially be awesome in the remake.

Plus, it's directed by Louis Leterrier, who directed "The Incredible Hulk" and the Jet Li/Morgan Freeman film "Unleashed" (AKA "Danny the Dog").

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 10:38 pm

Heck, this time they even did Beowulf (Beowulf as a movie has been a joke for decades in the film industry, dozens 'intending' to film it, but no one really doing it).

If it's the 80s one with the guy who looked like Jim Morrison, the mechanical Owl, etc., it should be remade...;)

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 10:40 pm

This is one remake I've actually been looking forward to.