Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

LuckyBunny
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2009, 12:54 pm

I draw, write poetry, and play guitar.
My drawings are not things like landscapes and pictures of people, though. I tend to just draw heavily stylised letters, to the point where it just looks like a page full of angles and curves, that 'might' look like words. I have several written fonts based on this, one of which resembles a cross between Arabic, Chinese, Hieroglyphs, and some kind of alien language. However it is English.

My guitar playing is atrocious. I can never seem to fret properly. However, I fare a little better on piano.

I've tried stories, but my version of a novel took up only 4 pages, and there "was no sign of personality in the characters".

Analytical seems to describe me quite well. I can become rather frustrated if I am not accurate. This usually means checking every fact before mentioning it. I don't react well to being incorrect.

I'm unsure as to whether this discovery has already been made, but on the 6th November 2005, I was thinking about faster than light travel, and theorised that an object traveling towards an observer at greater than light speed would appear to be traveling in reverse at light speed. I then compiled a diagram to support my point.

I am not very good with maths (as in calculations), but algebra is a somewhat stronger part of it for me. Also, anything that involves measurements and statistical data.

My strongest area is verbal comprehension. Language comes as almost second nature to me. My mother tongue is English, but some find it surprising that other languages are so easy for me to understand on paper. By knowing English, Latin becomes around 30% easier. With that 30%, other Western European languages are about half as clear as English. Know that much, and Afrikaans is even clearer.

Though English is the only language I have any spoken fluency in, reading others is extremely easy, provided it is a Latin-based language.

I learned the Russian alphabet and pronunciation in the space of 19 minutes.

((((hugs))))

~LL~

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2009, 1:43 pm

Probably analytical. I get very good grades in History, ICT and Science. In Maths I finish work sheets very fast, usually before most with all correct, but never do above mediocre on the tests >.>.
I get poor grades in English, because I tend to go off topic, but do have a good vocabulary(or like to think so and have been told so by people on Y!A[I don't know if they have the justification, lol, but meh]), Music, I just plain suck, PE, again, terrible, and technology(Food, Wood, Textiles, etc.).
Everything else is mediocre.
EMZ=]

LuckyBunny
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2009, 2:00 pm

Emor wrote:
Probably analytical. I get very good grades in History, ICT and Science. In Maths I finish work sheets very fast, usually before most with all correct, but never do above mediocre on the tests >.>.
I get poor grades in English, because I tend to go off topic, but do have a good vocabulary(or like to think so and have been told so by people on Y!A[I don't know if they have the justification, lol, but meh]), Music, I just plain suck, PE, again, terrible, and technology(Food, Wood, Textiles, etc.).
EMZ=]

It all depends on what section of Y!A you use. I am a regular in Religion and Spirituality, and I notice a negative correlation between strength of belief and spelling quality. Vocab seems to carry the same pattern.

I wouldn't even attempt to look at data for Polls and Surveys, as I find entering the section is the Y!A equivalent of the old school punishment of sitting in a corner wearing a 'dunce' hat.

((((hugs))))

~Loving Light~

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2009, 3:45 pm

LuckyBunny wrote:
Emor wrote:
EMZ=]

It all depends on what section of Y!A you use. I am a regular in Religion and Spirituality, and I notice a negative correlation between strength of belief and spelling quality. Vocab seems to carry the same pattern.

I wouldn't even attempt to look at data for Polls and Surveys, as I find entering the section is the Y!A equivalent of the old school punishment of sitting in a corner wearing a 'dunce' hat.

((((hugs))))

~Loving Light~

I use a few sections. It's mainly in the relationship section though, or religion because that's what I usually need to ask about on Y!A(I prefer asking someone face-to-face but with some issues Y!A seems better).
EMZ=]

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 4:01 pm

mostly creatve, I've always done well in art or RE because it requires alot of thought and expressing yourself
I've never really been into maths or anything like that it's too complicated and tedious, and also incredibly boring I like something with more variety

Huskywolf
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2009, 3:45 pm

For me, both. But the odd thing is, I'm really good at math but I absolutely STINK at English when it comes to writing.

However, I'm great at writing stories and coming up with creative plots. I just can't write a good essay to save my life. I guess it's because I feel like I can't be creative with such narrow topics. And well, the only writing thing I'm good at seems to be stories, and the school doesn't care if you can write stories.

I'm also good at drawing and I make my own stuffed animals and I can design different patterns for them. I am creative...I'm just not creative in the way school wants me to be.

BeavisNZ
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Feb 2009, 9:17 pm

Creative. Definitely creative. I was lousy at math but excelled in electronics strangely enough. I loved to draw and make things look good.

Hawthorne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2009, 3:20 pm

Creative, heres the evidence

Welcome to the idiot box, void of thought, oozing lies, Idiots one and all, laughing at you.
They get in your head and mangle your thoughts, breaking your back from the inside out.
Life is a rusty cage, encrusted in hate and rage, maggots consume whats left in you.
Predators stalk you, vultures pick at your rotting corpse, feed on your bleeding eyeball
then the hyenas just laugh at you, dogs in charge of the pound, criminals run the police station.
Hypocrites and lunatics, politics and religion, Too much ying, not enough yang, out of balance,
out of time. Teachers close minds, police cause fear, govement caused chaos...

Ya just my poem on society :)

warface
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Feb 2009, 10:32 am

I don't like this distinction; true creativity transcends analytical/any other abilities.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 4:22 am

I don't like this either, I just do only what I like.

khelben1979
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2009, 9:14 am

I'm the analytical type.

11krage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2009, 10:40 am

Both, but possibly more creative than analytical, depends on the situation I think.

http://the-quiet-ones.blogspot.com/

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 7:42 am

Both: for me, the two sides intelace at 50:50.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

01 Apr 2009, 10:15 pm

Like a lot of people have said here, I'm both pretty much equally. It depends on the situation to which side I use more.
Usually my creative side is used for my poetry, which I write in my spare time. My analytical side is used for, well...I don't really know. Everyone just always says that I'm analytical. :?

ImpulseGenerator
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Apr 2009, 9:34 am

Both, most of the time in music.
If I can do something creative with something analytical(and/or analytical with creative) I'm completely happy.