Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 4:43 pm

I've been unable to play any you tube videos for about a month now, I googled the problem and it seems a lot of other people are having the same problem. I tried the suggested solutions (delete cookies, delete and reinstall flashplayer) and its still not working.

I just get An error occurred, try again later message where the video normally plays.

Any advice?

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 4:59 pm

really? I have never been close to such a problem with YouTube. I havent seen so much there lately as Im working with my own videos to bring on.
But now when I saw you have this problem I started to play a bunch of random videos there to test it and it still works perfectly....

Weird and sad you got so much trouble with it, I would be devastated if it was me...

Im sorry I dont have any good avices :cry:

Last edited by xalepax on 13 May 2009, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 May 2009, 5:01 pm

I've been getting that on some videos too. Then I try again about a day or so later and they play fine. They were performing maintenance last night so they might clear that up.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 5:04 pm

^oh yeah when they have maintenance then you should stay away from it completely as hardly anything around is working by then but I assume Postperson would pay attention to that when trying for a whole month...

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 9:34 pm

Postperson, you're from down under, aren't you? Would this have anything to do with that internet filter Australia's been talking about?

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 10:12 pm

mm I think not because when I googled the problem, others with the same problem weren't necessarily Australian. I think it may be a firefox issue, that got a mention. I might have to use another browser and see.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 10:34 pm

something is definitely up with youtube. They have been making a lot of changes lately, such as advertisements embedded and sales links to itunes.

PostPerson, try www.vimeo.com, www.break.com and www.newgrounds.com If flash videos play from there, you know its specific to youtube.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 12:06 am

ok they work, the vids play fine. so it's youtube.

i guess i'll have to wait till they resolve the problem. :cry: thanks for the advice.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 1:22 am

Postperson wrote:
ok they work, the vids play fine. so it's youtube.

i guess i'll have to wait till they resolve the problem. :cry: thanks for the advice.

Post, Sorry for the puerile newgrounds.com. I suggested it solely because its content is designed by users who are often teens, and so any flash problems would really stand out.

Break.com is pretty tasteless too.

Your next course of action could be to try some alternate browsers. Google owns youtube, so trying google Chrome is a good idea. Its free. I've also heard nothing bad about Opera. Also free.

If these do not resolve the issue, it could be that your firewall is blocking, or its a problem with your service provider.