what i would do if i won 400 million in the lottery?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnAutisticMind
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 May 2009, 6:26 pm

ohhhh, how i would love to win that kind of money.............ohhhh money money money!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!......the "love of you" is the root of all evil, not you itself, lol

i pray that i could win that kind of money, here is what i would do:

- i would give anything to open up The Autistic University.....a school that would house our most gifted peers both verbally and non verbally to further their education and to use them to further their interests for the public good

- our university would also include a division for our peers that could not handle another setting outside their normal and comfortable surroundings but still want to contribute

- our university will expand around the world and include gifted nuerotypicals in all the fields so we can really teach them what they need to know....ROFL

- we can obtain so much outside private and government funding because of our generosity it would be unbelievable

- would you contribute to our university in academia and research?????

-just think of the mathematical, engineering, and scientific contributions that can be made.....we can even have our "school of trains" and school of "symmetrical lining of objects ", lol

IF SOCIETY AND GOVERNMENT CANNOT DO IT, THEN I WILL DO IT!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

btw, i would buy myself a 1970 olds tornonado boss machine....rocket 455 4 barrell, 435 HP.........would make you youngins head spin, lol..............plus it looks like a space shuttle, lol

my best regards to all of you..................................never gamble more than a buck for fun, THATS ALL!

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 6:38 pm

I would buy a house somewhere in northwestern or western/central Europe and spend all my time shopping and home decorating.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 May 2009, 8:01 pm

I would build my dream amusement park. It would be an amusement park built like the ones in the 1920s. I am actually building an HO scale model of this amusment park in my basement. It will take up 24 feet by 26 feet of space when completed. It has always been a dream of mine. The park's signature roller coaster is called the Spiral Dips. I have the actual blueprints for it---they are dated April of 1928. The coaster was never built, and I acquired them through a collector. I have the only blueprint of this coaster in the world. So for that reason I sort of own this roller coaster---just not built yet---though I am nearing completion of the HO scale model of it. Anyway...that is what I would do with the money.

Oh...the park has a Main Street with old fashioned businesses, restaurants, and hotels. A trolley will bring patrons up and down the street. The restaurants will have names like: Attwood's, Grandin's, Kanner's, Asperger's, Carley's, etc.---yes...named after people associated with autism. Is that in good taste?---forgive the culinary pun :lol: .

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 8:04 pm

I would buy a bunch of really old houses in historic neighborhoods, renovate them, and sell them.

darby54
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 May 2009, 8:18 pm

I would build a large horse rescue sanctuary.

AnAutisticMind
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 May 2009, 8:29 pm

darby54 wrote:
I would build a large horse rescue sanctuary.

i like that, my son loves horses and is riding now.............horses are an unbelievable therapy for young autistics

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 10:09 pm

I would do the following:

Ditch $200 million of it in a Swiss bank account

Donate $75 million to charties

Purchase a new $25 million house

Use $50 million to build a new building for my school

Deposit $49 million in my regular bank account

Use the remaining $1 million as I see fit

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 5:58 am

No real goals.

Pay off debt.

Get a nice little place in a very rural place.

Travel to wherever interests me.

Set up foundations to help causes I find worthy of supporting.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 7:59 am

What is the point of letting one person win 400 million, are they going to do for that money? start/buy a small nation? Buy a slightly old nuclear submarine and remake it into a luxury ocean cruiser?

10-15 Million Euro/Dollars is enough to make you, your family and a few friends (and most likely also the following generation) financially independent for the rest of life.

It also leave a generous pile of money behind to let you buy a couple of Ferraris and Houses to play with.

suiycfui
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 May 2009, 9:45 am

Ichinin wrote:
What is the point of letting one person win 400 million, are they going to do for that money? start/buy a small nation? Buy a slightly old nuclear submarine and remake it into a luxury ocean cruiser?

10-15 Million Euro/Dollars is enough to make you, your family and a few friends (and most likely also the following generation) financially independent for the rest of life.

It also leave a generous pile of money behind to let you buy a couple of Ferraris and Houses to play with.

What's the point? If you're going to fantasize, fantasize big.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 12:53 pm

suiycfui wrote:
What's the point? If you're going to fantasize, fantasize big.

Ever seen Brewster's Millions?

I am trying to make a point here: 400 million is an INSANE amount of money. Even if you set fire to 15% of it, give 75% it to charity/friends, leaving: 10% of 400 mil = 40 mil, that is still loads of money.

You can simply say "i am going to buy everything i ever wanted - and then some". Some of the more expensive things that you COULD spend 400 mil easy on are things that the government probably wont let you have anyway. I saw a documentary about a millionaire (not a billionaire) that have a large collection of fighter jets and he still had plenty of money to spend...

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 1:29 pm

I would buy every one of these available:

I am obsessed with black holes and I already own two of these! They are all handmade and one-of-a-kind! Plus, they're limited edition. So there is a very limited quantity of these being made ever!

Then I would pay off all my debt, go to culinary school, buy a nice house and nice furniture and a nice car and a nice motorcycle. Give about 5 million each to my closest family members and my fiance's closest family members. And then save the rest.

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:47 pm

Never, ever, ever work for a paycheck again. And give my mom and siblings and a few choice friends the same.

Buy a lot of acres ... some mountain, some shore (not necessarily all one location), but ideally driving distance ... build a small house for myself, a big garden with some help to tend it, only occasional maid service (I'd prefer the dust to her frequent company). If my family's interested, they can all have houses on the same acreage.

Get some private cooking classes, voice coach, sewing lessons (or just a personal seamstress, heck).

Oh god, I would just be so happy if I never had to work for a paycheck again. I am SO STRESSED!

No way I'm going to spend 400 million on myself, though -- I think I would endow some aspiring (religious) hermits, but that wouldn't cost much since they're all taking vows of poverty anyway. Find some really promising projects to invest in in places with lots of poverty or post-conflict trauma ... Somalia, Afghanistan, Bangladesh.... Some kind of support for people with mental illness, research for anti-psychotics that don't feel worse than the psychosis itself. Housing and supportive services for chronically homeless people. Support for veterans and their families. Something to support self-governance for indigenous peoples, U.S. Indian tribes or overseas. Home health care and home hospice for people who don't want to go to nursing homes. Subsidize clean & renewable energy research, or subsidize the cost of solar panels e.g., to the end consumer. Organic food gardens at schools. On and on and on, oh, I don't think I'd have trouble finding ways to spend it!

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:48 pm

oh, and I'd start a collection of Black Boar pool cues 8)

http://www.blackboarcustomcues.com

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 2:15 pm

Finnaly have a real live meerkat of my own. I need lots of money to bribe a zoo into letting me have one of their meerkats. No one would be able to resist a few million dollars in exchange for a meer baby meerkat. I'd even pay off the wildlife people into not giving me any trouble. People are selfish and greedy as a species. With enough money you can bribe anyone to do anything. My meerkat would be living in the lap of luxary and whoever accused me of abusing it would have to eat their words. The best in vet care, organic food and real live scourpions, a sandbox the size of an olimpic swimming pool. Whatever it needed or wanted it would get.

Pay for vet school

start an exotic animal rescue

open up a science museum

jdbob
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2009, 8:49 pm

The first few million would be to upgrade housing. A house in New Zealand for Nov-Apr, and a house somewhere in the northern hemisphere for the rest of the year.

With that kind of money it would seem that the best use would be to set up a foundation of some sort. Don't have any ideas what it would fund off the top of my head.