Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Dead
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2009, 5:01 am

...they have ruined my nice life by failing this iq test because of lack of sleep whta can i do now to recapture my lost glory???

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 5:02 am

Dead wrote:
...they have ruined my nice life by failing this iq test because of lack of sleep whta can i do now to recapture my lost glory???

Who is they?

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Dead
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2009, 5:07 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Dead wrote:

Who is they?

the army guys

Jsmitheh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 May 2009, 6:34 am

Take it again? Do something else?

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 6:45 am

leave the army!! unless you genuinely want to kill people..? in which case i don't see why IQ would be important..

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 8:57 am

Fudo wrote:
leave the army!! unless you genuinely want to kill people..? in which case i don't see why IQ would be important..

The Army gives a very basic IQ test...they want to make sure that a person knows which end of the gun to shoot with...

Dead
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2009, 9:00 am

Zsazsa wrote:
Fudo wrote:

The Army gives a very basic IQ test...they want to make sure that a person knows which end of the gun to shoot with...

i finished army
its just that this iq test is in my profile now and is burning me...i am sick of my life i really don't care if i die....

TobyZ
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2009, 9:02 am

Dead wrote:
its just that this iq test is in my profile now and is burning me...i am sick of my life i really don't care if i die....

I suggest you go start thread in the Haven forum. And you talk about who in your life can help you through this situation.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 9:03 am

IQ does not measure ALL kinds of intelligence. My AS BF scored 83 and he beat out everyone in NC in a statewide chess tournament. He is also a better analytical thinker than I am.

I scored 125, with a verbal IQ of 131, but my functional IQ is 60.

So, you can only put so much emotional stock into an IQ test. I wouldn't let it define who I am.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 9:04 am

exactly, if anything the emotional detachment & fondness for routine make people with autism arguably a good candidate for the army.. however there's no escaping the fact that armies kill people.. the only issue really is do you "want" to kill? if so, i guess the army is the only legal option. although i would question the motives, especially as a so called "christian".. sorry & i don't mean to offend as such, but i feel i have to speak up.

Dead
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2009, 9:06 am

whitetiger wrote:
IQ does not measure ALL kinds of intelligence. My AS BF scored 83 and he beat out everyone in NC in a statewide chess tournament. He is also a better analytical thinker than I am.

I scored 125, with a verbal IQ of 131, but my functional IQ is 60.

So, you can only put so much emotional stock into an IQ test. I wouldn't let it define who I am.

i don't care how high is my iq i only care being higher than the f number that is 85 even if its 90 i would be happy as long as i am not considered mr because i am not

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 10:35 am

I took Dead's first post on this subject (in another thread) to mean that the IQ test to which he is referring was for a tank operator position. That kind of position does require a high IQ, because I know someone who used to operate one. It is a very stressful job and it is exactly precise. You must coordinate yourself correctly and hit exactly where you intended or you will kill innocent people, which as we all know would bring you up on charges and make your country look even worse in the eyes of the world.

If I am mistaken on the reason for the IQ test, blame my stupid ADHD brain. The IQ score Dead achieved IS within the 'average' zone, so I cannot see him being removed from the Army unless they require a specific number just to maintain status as a soldier.

Dead, if you are still in the Army, and I assume you are, there has got to be another position for someone with an average IQ. Average is not bad, and Dead it is clear that you are not stupid. And please, get rid of the Dead persona and start over with a better username. As long as you continue to think that way, you will never be able to move forward. I truly am hoping for the best for you, because you really seem like a nice guy.

Dead
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2009, 11:33 am

sbcmetroguy wrote:
I took Dead's first post on this subject (in another thread) to mean that the IQ test to which he is referring was for a tank operator position. That kind of position does require a high IQ, because I know someone who used to operate one. It is a very stressful job and it is exactly precise. You must coordinate yourself correctly and hit exactly where you intended or you will kill innocent people, which as we all know would bring you up on charges and make your country look even worse in the eyes of the world.

If I am mistaken on the reason for the IQ test, blame my stupid ADHD brain. The IQ score Dead achieved IS within the 'average' zone, so I cannot see him being removed from the Army unless they require a specific number just to maintain status as a soldier.

Dead, if you are still in the Army, and I assume you are, there has got to be another position for someone with an average IQ. Average is not bad, and Dead it is clear that you are not stupid. And please, get rid of the Dead persona and start over with a better username. As long as you continue to think that way, you will never be able to move forward. I truly am hoping for the best for you, because you really seem like a nice guy.

look i scored somewhere between 80-85 in my iq test(i guess) but my iq is not that low since i was sleep deprived(God,angels and spirits as wisdoms)
i did two raven's iq tests in the internet and i scored 108 and 110 respectively
i know my self well and neither do i confuse left with right or second columns with third columns neither i have hard time managing to finish exercises....
i mean seriously if i had the choice to kill i would kill the teacher that teacher who told me about the third column,it absolutely disgusted me
my iq is in the bif scale
and nobody knows that i know that i am autistic

aspiebeauty87
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jul 2016, 7:49 pm

Have you tried a different career? I'm going to be honest, a war zone/military is no place for an autistic seriously there's so much in the Army you have to know and do to protect yourself, your team, and the innocent people. So maybe you should try something else you are good at, I honestly think you are a smart person. Who cares what the Army says, just pick another career you might save yourself the headache of not achieving and getting mad at yourself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 8:07 pm

I hope this guy has found success over the seven years since this thread was started.