Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 11:17 pm

I think it would be cool to have a forum (or forums) that speak different languages other than English, to be able to accomadate other aspies' needs to talk to other aspies on WrongPlanet, who don't speak English of course. I was thinking like French, German and/or Spanish, since most people in the world speak those languages, including English. I think it would also be cool for bilingual aspies who want to use their second language online, I guess. Anyways, just an idea.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

post-ante
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2006, 1:35 am

Ti eisiau lladd fi yn dwyt?

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2006, 9:44 pm

post-ante wrote:

Me llamo 'aspiegirl2'. ?Como te llamas? Yo hablo espanol un poco as mi colegio. Me gusta nado en chocolate! (joking). Me gusta la musica jazz y la musica classica pero no me gusta la musica rock.

Ich sprechen nicht mus Deutch. Meine name ist aspiegirl2, ich aus Veriengton Staaten, und ich bin eine kinder.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

pad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 7:20 pm

aspiegirl2 wrote:
post-ante wrote:

Me llamo 'aspiegirl2'. ?Como te llamas? Yo hablo espanol un poco as mi colegio. Me gusta nado en chocolate! (joking). Me gusta la musica jazz y la musica classica pero no me gusta la musica rock.

Ich sprechen nicht mus Deutch. Meine name ist aspiegirl2, ich aus Veriengton Staaten, und ich bin eine kinder.

yo tambien hablo espanol aspiegirl. que tal?! adonde eres?

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 5:02 pm

Eventually, it would be a really good idea, but it seems like there's already a lot of stuff going on here as it is. In order for that to be a sucess, the people who were moderators would have to speak and understand the languages with enough proficiency AND be able to do the job of a moderator or an administrator. Good idea, though.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2006, 5:48 pm

Or you could just try speaking non-English in these forums and hope for the best

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2006, 11:54 pm

Namiko wrote:
Eventually, it would be a really good idea, but it seems like there's already a lot of stuff going on here as it is. In order for that to be a sucess, the people who were moderators would have to speak and understand the languages with enough proficiency AND be able to do the job of a moderator or an administrator. Good idea, though.

Yeah, that's really true. I bet that if WP had moderators that lived around those places, they'd probably be more likely to know what they were saying. Or, if really desperate, you could always use Google Translator, which has proven useful to me when testing out my language skills. It's free, and it has lots of languages on there. It probably wouldn't work for some foreign slang words, though.

OmbooHankvald
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2006, 2:23 pm

Someone could start by making a list of which moderators understand which languages. That's a start.

magic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2006, 2:46 pm

post-ante wrote:

What language is that? And, not to be outdone... Czy ktokolwiek na tym forum mówi w naszym pieknym jezyku? :)

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2006, 7:00 pm

OmbooHankvald wrote:
Someone could start by making a list of which moderators understand which languages. That's a start.

I used to moderate and can understand and speak Spanish fairly fluently. Does that count? ;)