I Don't Want to Cure My Autism, BUT I Like to Cure Some.....

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do You Want to Cure Your Autism?
Yes 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
No, but I like to get rid of some of my symptoms 53%  53%  [ 26 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 49

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 8:05 pm

I'd want better stress tolerance
Better ability to cope with change
Be able to override my obxessive compulsive bahaviors better
Be less picky of an eater

I'd definitely want to keep my thought process, intrests, and talents even if my social skills suck and it creates a barrier between me and most other people.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 8:08 pm

The only thing I'd want to "cure" is my social anxiety, although not often I do feel an urge to talk to people and share thoughts but the anxiety I feel when a conversation draws near has always, and most likely will always, stop me from actively seeking social contact.
If only for the sole reason to quench the drive to reproduce.

MKDP
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2009, 8:46 pm

I'm not a Curbie, either. And I would not want to change my savant abilities or my high functioning autism, but I would not mind getting rid of some of my headaches, noise oversensitivity problems, and TLE pain syndromes/left hemiparesis, and restore my vision to 20/20. Oh, and my TMJ, but the last has nothing to do with my autism.

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 2:13 pm

I'd pay to be free of anxiety, particularly social anxiety. It's the only thing about my AS that's truly disabling for me.

And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2009, 9:22 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
As pro-cure as I am...I am against extreme force and discipline as a means of curing autistic symptoms. Sadly pretty much every conservative parent in the world is so egotistical enough to think that they can get children to make eye contact with people by spanking them every time they don't or shove them into high-tense social situations that are prone to give them meltdowns as a means of getting them to become more sociable.

Good point, but then you can say ever liberal parent in the world refuses to punish the children or keeps them out of high-tense social situations that are prone to give them meltdowns as a means of getting them to become more sociable so they never get used to it and when day in their life when they have to face it they don't know what to do!

But I think weather Conservative or Liberal parent, if the child has Autism, they can't be exposed too much, or too little.

I knew a kid whose mother got him out of gym and lunch and he would get out of school early and drive him too and from school, because he had sensitive hearing like me.
My mom, made me take the bus and gym, but she did drive me in the morning, then when I was in High School I was driven to and from until Junior year, then I took the bus, until I started driving myself. But if my mom was to hold me back I NEVER would of been able to ever take a bus.

www.stewartmango.com