If you could, who would you file a lawsuit against?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 4:40 pm

I have a couple of groups I wish I could file a lawsuit against.

The Catholic School system - Their education system is the biggest bunch of B.S. in the history of the world. Sadly my parents are just some of many who were dumb enough to chuck thousands of dollars because they fell for their whole "safer, better education" scheme. I clearly should not have been allowed to remain at the catholic schools, I begged them to flunk me because I knew I should have been going to an alternative school (or at least a school that had money to teach their kids instead of making them sit on their a**es half of time learning nothing). Btw, my grades were low enough that I should've flunked 7th grade but the school didn't want to tarnish their rep apparentely. My homeroom teacher was fully aware that everyone in the class was harrassing me and giving me crap. Apparenly I didn't have enough tantrums and meltdowns in the classroom to convince any school official there that I shouldn't be in a Catholic school to begin with. Catholic Schools shouldn't even be allowed to rip off non-Catholic families out of thousands of dollars for what is basically one big fat Hollywood lie.

My Parents - About ten years ago (when I was in Catholic School) I was calling this free counseling service because I was feeling suicidal from the depression and hell I was suffering. I finally told my dad about this cause I wanted to meet the counselor I was talking to in person and I was too young to drive a car. Well my dad talks to the guy and I dunno what conspired but the next thing you know, my dad tells me that I am not to speak to the counselor ever again. Okay...I'm being f**king suicidal and you're basically forbidding me to get help? Seriously, being refused psychiatric help when I clearly needed it...isn't that kinda...illegal?

I also wish I would sue my parents just for their plain ignorance and their lack of acknowledgement of my AS. A diagnosis still means nothing to them but a bunch of B.S.

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2009, 4:49 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
I have a couple of groups I wish I could file a lawsuit against.

The Catholic School system - Their education system is the biggest bunch of B.S. in the history of the world. Sadly my parents are just some of many who were dumb enough to chuck thousands of dollars because they fell for their whole "safer, better education" scheme. I clearly should not have been allowed to remain at the catholic schools, I begged them to flunk me because I knew I should have been going to an alternative school (or at least a school that had money to teach their kids instead of making them sit on their a**es half of time learning nothing). Btw, my grades were low enough that I should've flunked 7th grade but the school didn't want to tarnish their rep apparentely. My homeroom teacher was fully aware that everyone in the class was harrassing me and giving me crap. Apparenly I didn't have enough tantrums and meltdowns in the classroom to convince any school official there that I shouldn't be in a Catholic school to begin with. Catholic Schools shouldn't even be allowed to rip off non-Catholic families out of thousands of dollars for what is basically one big fat Hollywood lie.

My Parents - About ten years ago (when I was in Catholic School) I was calling this free counseling service because I was feeling suicidal from the depression and hell I was suffering. I finally told my dad about this cause I wanted to meet the counselor I was talking to in person and I was too young to drive a car. Well my dad talks to the guy and I dunno what conspired but the next thing you know, my dad tells me that I am not to speak to the counselor ever again. Okay...I'm being f**king suicidal and you're basically forbidding me to get help? Seriously, being refused psychiatric help when I clearly needed it...isn't that kinda...illegal?

I also wish I would sue my parents just for their plain ignorance and their lack of acknowledgement of my AS. A diagnosis still means nothing to them but a bunch of B.S.

Doctors: Some of my doctor make very bad disgnotic and give me bad medication. This medication make me violant and not the same after all

School: In elemental i make my 6th grade because i was too old for 5th. Because i was nearly 13 and at 13 it's limit age for secondary school. Because of that my note was very weak and other student laugh at me i got tired and drop out

kip
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 5:16 pm

I would sue my father for disabling me, for leaving me with no options. For dragging me from quack shrink to quack shrink without caring that they weren't doing anything for me, just making him happy. For killing the person I was born to be and making me into someone whom I may accept, but never like.

If there was a monetary value that could be put on that, I'd sue his arse in a heartbeat.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

whipstitches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2009, 5:51 pm

The assistant chair of the "science" department at the school I attended for graduate school. She wouldn't allow me to defend my thesis and this ultimately kept me from being able to get my degree. I had a 3.6 GPA and had written my thesis and had gotten back comments and made corrections several times. This lady was the only person on my committee that wouldn't ever accept any version of my thesis. I must have written and re-written the thing 10 times!! The other two professors on my committee were untenured and because of this they wouldn't support me when I wanted to go to the dean of the school of science. They were fearful that it would effect their ability to get tenure. If any of you know anything about any of that you generally need unanimous agreement from the other faculty and if someone as important as a chair or assistant chair won't sign off on you, your finished! It is VERY difficult to get another tenure track possition after not being granted tenure at another institution, so these folks had even more riding on this thing that I did because they had several years into the tenure process. Basically, this lady didn't like me for some reason and felt that I shouldn't be allowed to get my masters degree. She knew that she was in a very good position to screw me without getting into any sort of trouble for it, so she did just that. The other two members of my committee helped me get into a PhD program at another university.

I would love to sue this woman personally, but there is really no way for me to do it because it has been so many years now...... :cry:

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 6:14 pm

I'd sue God for giving me AS and making my life a living hell because of it.

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 7:53 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Ken. At the moment I'm writing an essay that's going to make Christianity look very bad.

If I could sue anyone, I'd sue the psychiatric industry for writing nasty things about me in their reports. It was rather clear that they were belittling me to keep me coming back, for the same reason that companies advertise. They stigmatized me and made others that much more afraid of me. They actually criticized what they called my 'mathematical thinking' (big mistake on their part) and described my cognition as 'pseudointellectual' -- all this after having taught myself the mathematics of relativity at age 14.

Of all the companies I've ever dealt with, I don't think any have approached the rudeness and arrogance of the psychiatric community. My advice to anyone who has had to deal with that: hang in there, you're a good person, don't let those scumbags make you feel bad about yourself. If all goes well, one day we will stand up to them.

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2009, 2:15 pm

If I could, I'd sue my 12th grade Special Ed teacher for belittling me, yelling at me and then giving me a detention for crying over not being able to find my lunch.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 2:27 pm

The OP :P

Kris94
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2009, 4:21 pm

Id sue the goverment for being s%^ts.

whipstitches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2009, 4:40 pm

Kris94 wrote:
Id sue the goverment for being s%^ts.

Now yer talkin'..... :thumleft:

Guardeleon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2009, 3:21 am

KenM wrote:
I'd sue God for giving me AS and making my life a living hell because of it.

You and me both. Let's make it a class-action lawsuit, because I'm sure a bunch of others agree!

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 1:47 pm

Raisedbyignorance, your dad is a TURD! You really should make his life hell fr that. Don't ever let him forget it.

There's a time when I would have counter-sued my boyfriend for suing me for custody of our son and making me out to be the unfit mother he knew I wasn't, but counter-suing him wouldn't be love.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 5:00 pm

Ana54 wrote:
Raisedbyignorance, your dad is a TURD! You really should make his life hell fr that. Don't ever let him forget it.

Believe me I've been quite cold and ignorant towards him since my AS diagnosis because I know without doubt that my AS would've been discovered sooner if not for his own ignorance.

To add insult to injury regarding that incident... 2 years ago, a former friend of mine ratted out to my dad that I was having a suicidal last year of college so he drove up to confront me about it giving me a dull ridiculous rant about how he doesn't want to hear any of this ridiculous crap about me wanting to kill myself. (I even warned this former friend who talked to my dad that this would be exactly how he would respond if he knew I was being suicidal and sure enough...!)

After his rant...I finally told him what he did when I was in 8th grade and how upset I was that he looked the other way on the entire situation, when I needed his help the most. His response: "I don't remember any of it".

Just great, huh...having a father who can't remember that you were having suicidal thoughts at freakin 14?! Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was just making excuses. Nothing's more ironic than a father who accuses me of making excuses when he's free to make his own.

Ana54 wrote:
There's a time when I would have counter-sued my boyfriend for suing me for custody of our son and making me out to be the unfit mother he knew I wasn't, but counter-suing him wouldn't be love.

Lawsuits are never about love so you have nothing to worry about. Nothing says revenge like a countersuit! :D

Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 5:37 pm

Truthfully, I'd like to sue my parents for bringing me into existance without asking me first.

Shame I can't though.

WardenWolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 8:54 pm

My parents for playing "screw with his life until he breaks" when I was a teenager. I broke. But particularly my mother, as she was the instigator of all of it. And how about for keeping me drugged up on ritalin for 7 years when I didn't need it? Nice to know my mom liked me better as a zombie, and even flat out said that herself.

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 12:10 am

Will ferrell for crimes against humanity.