Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

muddlinthrough
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2006, 3:54 pm

I've been procrastinating on applying for an exemtion to my foriegn lanuage requirement, although this is all I have left to my B.A. Pat of what is intimidating me is sorting out all the relavent data from the irrelevant personal stuff.(Six deans would look at this.I guess I should get help from a councilour but don't have one right now.

Has anyone done annything like this?any suggestions?

My college couciler suggested sign if this din't go through-any experiance there?

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2006, 4:06 pm

I know a lot of people with learning disabilities take sign. That's what my son plans on studying but not all schools with accept that as a second language either. We're doing that more because of his learning disability then the PDD though.

My brother in law tried Spanish, German and French. Failed them all. He did succeed, somewhat, with sign language.

BeeBee

ster
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2006, 7:47 am

my hubby should've asked for an exemption from Spanish, but didn't.....i tried to teach him German, and he said at least that made more sense than Spanish.

Naga_Sadow
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jan 2006, 10:44 pm

Try sign language. Its like a second language to me now. Level one signing should be pretty basic stuff and fingerspelling.

julieme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jan 2006, 11:37 pm

Would Visual C++ or Visual Basic work?? These are languages too and a lot more people use them than sign language

muddlinthrough
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2006, 9:58 pm

julieme wrote:
Would Visual C++ or Visual Basic work?? These are languages too and a lot more people use them than sign language

Um, no. Kent State isn't that rational.Plus part of the idea is a wider experiance of people.

muddlinthrough
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2006, 10:05 pm

So I'm trying to take Spanish. It's the first class I've taken since I came back last year I've felt completely lost in,
and every time we do a (simple) in class exercise I'm embarrassed.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 10:39 pm

muddlinthrough wrote:
So I'm trying to take Spanish. It's the first class I've taken since I came back last year I've felt completely lost in,
and every time we do a (simple) in class exercise I'm embarrassed.

That was me in Spanish class, too. And German class. And French class. I pretty much said to heck with language classes since I learn a lot better on my own. It is true that I will not get a B.A. degree, but a B.S. degree is good enough for me. (P.S. I love the acronym B.S. since a lot of people who graduate with one seem to know an awful lot of just that--BS! :D At least the people I've met. And now I'm sure I've just offended someone without intending to. Again.)

muddlinthrough
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2006, 11:39 am

dexkaden wrote:
(P.S. I love the acronym B.S. since a lot of people who graduate with one seem to know an awful lot of just that--BS! :D At least the people I've met. And now I'm sure I've just offended someone without intending to. Again.)

The acronyms are B.S., More S., and Piled Higher and Deeper. :)
Don't see why anyone would take it personally-but here there is only a B.A.program in Anthropology.Wish I'd gone for general studies.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2006, 12:01 pm

muddlinthrough wrote:

The acronyms are B.S., More S., and Piled Higher and Deeper. :)

HAHAHAHA! I Love that!

Spriteling
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2006, 8:50 pm

Gar, I wish I could get a language exemption at my school. I just can't get my mind around French! It's so terribly difficult. ;.; Unfortunately, the IB diploma requires that you take a foreign language, and since IB is all that my school offers, I must take French.

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

30 Jan 2006, 12:54 am

I have to take two years of spanish here. I disliked it so much and I have to do it all over again.