Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

muddlinthrough
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2006, 3:58 pm

Did anyone get a general studies degree?has it been useful to you? Since you arrange the program around your own interests,would this be a better major for ASpies?

Klytus
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2006, 8:05 pm

muddlinthrough wrote:
Did anyone get a general studies degree?has it been useful to you? Since you arrange the program around your own interests,would this be a better major for ASpies?

I've never heard of a general studies degree before. Are you in the UK?
I took a general studies A Level, but I had next to no choice over what particular subjects I studied as part of it.

From what I hear, people taking degrees in the States have more choice over individual modules.

muddlinthrough
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2006, 8:43 pm

I'm in Ohio.Kent State has a general studies program at the B.A. leval that allows a lot more flexibilty in choosing courses.

feelgoodlost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2008, 12:53 am

I go to Kent State too and I was thinking about the General Studies degree as well...not sure if it's just something we have at Kent and would be regarded as a joke everywhere else or if it's legit though.

muddlinthrough wrote: