Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Xinae
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 May 2009, 10:33 pm

Prior to kids I used a small purse, very small purse, the kind that hold a small wallet and maybe a few small things. I'm a reciept packrat, so by carrying a smaller purse I was forced to clean it out more.

When I was younger I just carried a wallet in my backpack. Made life easier.

Now that I have kids and they expect me to put thier stuff in my purse :roll: I carry a bigger purse, but it's still smaller than what I see most women carry, as I'm not carrying the world in my handbag.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 11:32 am

I use a wallet in the back pocket of my jeans, or the wallet and whatever else I need in a little leather backpack. It takes a sec to reach for the wallet sometimes, but you never get stopped and bag searched when you come out of a shop cos it's on your back.

I don't know how long your hair is, but I have a little pocket sized brush that flips out, and it even works on my long hair if I'm in a pinch.
I hope these help! :D

elancee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2009, 5:09 pm

LolaGranola wrote:
I carry a purse because I hate putting things in my pocket. It's usually uncomfortable. I just carry around a small bag for my cellular, wallet, and lip balm.

I also have a small purse. I cannot stand large ones. I like how they look, but they are so uncomfortable.

Sometimes I take a carryall for the times I'm making many stops or shopping (to avoid bringing home the store bags).

Xinae wrote:
Prior to kids I used a small purse, very small purse, the kind that hold a small wallet and maybe a few small things. I'm a reciept packrat, so by carrying a smaller purse I was forced to clean it out more.

When I was younger I just carried a wallet in my backpack. Made life easier.

Now that I have kids and they expect me to put thier stuff in my purse :roll: I carry a bigger purse, but it's still smaller than what I see most women carry, as I'm not carrying the world in my handbag.

I don't have children but have figured that my purse size will grow when/if that time comes.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2009, 6:02 am

Purses where originally intended to be unisex. For instance my dad uses a coin purse + a wallet for notes and cards. Coin purse is just a leather semi-circular leather hinged container.

the best thing for security is not to carry all your money/valuables in one place. Some goes for keys.

I know it is customary in some cultures to put car keys and house keys together. But it make little sense.

There is a simple con. Pose as a valet service, use the satnav to drive "home" and then rob the house. Of course that works best on rich people.

Chizpurfle52595
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2009, 6:16 am

My baby:

http://www.zappos.com/product/7537254/color/13677

I love you pink purse. :D

Its color is even better in real life, more like a deep, intense hot pink with blue undertones. I fought off 3 other bidders on eBay to get it for less than retail. It's like the purse radiates awesome and heals you of your ills. I even had a straight male college professor stop in the middle of a sentence and tell me "That is a GREAT purse," with zero irony. So basically it is the pinkest, loudest purse ever but it's amazing and I love it and so does pretty much everyone else.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 12:39 pm

I have a coffin bag. It's great, it has a mirror inside the lid. But I don't wear it around anymore because I don't always like to stand out.

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2009, 12:16 pm

What I've found helps is to get a good handheld PDA and store copies of your most important information on it (ie. handy lists, idea inspiration files, useful addresses, e-books, MP3s, PDA games, mini-movies, etc.).

Then get a nondescript but durable wallet you like and velcro your PDA inside so it's nice and secure.

Then put all the usual things you normally store inside a wallet (money, credit cards, etc.). Other things you might additionally store in it (especially if it also has a zippered compartment or a snap coin area) include SD cards, mini bud headphones, jump drives, and one of those pens that also have a flashlight capability.

If you get a wider wallet, in many cases you can also velcro a separate MP3 player inside or your cellphone (if it's not too thick).

Voila! Now in less than the space (or the weight) of a DayRunner you can carry a buttload of useful information with you, as well as tons of applications to help keep you busy/entertained if you get stuck waiting in line.

If your wallet doesn't have finished holes/grommets that will let you wear it as a purse, you can either carefully punch a couple of holes in the wallet so you can, or you can carry it like a small clutch.

I get my wallets at the thrift shop for $2 or less. A very cheap solution.

When I need to get more elaborate, I just carry my laptop backpack and throw the wallet / secret PDA holder inside.

INTJ.

JessicaDayla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2009, 12:21 pm

That sounds like a great idea, except for me, I carry a netbook, and I could never prectically carry that in a wallet. Thats why I carry a messenger most days, and on days I want to dress up, I carry a purse just big enough for wallet, cell, and netbook.

Spacedoubt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2009, 2:52 pm

Padium wrote:
lionesss wrote:
I honestly I don't always carry a purse with me unless I have to. My debit card or change is always in my pocket.

That made me wonder what I actually carry in my wallet... And I have: club membership card, provincial health card, library card, social insurance number card (don't want to lose that!), 3 gift cards, birth certificate, drivers lisence, visa card,

It's dangerous to have your social insurance number card and your birth certificate in your wallet. If you lose it or it's stolen, someone can steal your identity.

I have to carry a bag because I have to have meds with me all the time, but I have a nice camo one with a strap that's long enough to go over my shoulder.