Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 8:37 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Tahitiii wrote:
I never would have thought of that in a million years.
Has society really degenerate to that extent?

I've heard old people say things like "I've lived too long," or something to that effect. I never thought of saying it myself before this.

You're kidding, right? In that context, you thought maybe she was referring to their sexuality? Or did you know what she meant all along, and this whole topic just sarcasm, like you refuse to accept how stupid it is that we use "gay" like "uncool"?

who is this 'we' of whom you speak? Don't paint everyone with your brush!

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 11:54 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
They don't really mean the word "literally", literally...if that makes sense, LOL.

I've experienced that... once I read an article where a person said "I was literally in hell".
Oh... really?! 8O
Or some Eurovision Song Contest winners who said that when they won, a shooting star "literally" hit them...
Well, then it's impressive that they are still alive! 8O

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 2:58 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Tahitiii wrote:

I've heard old people say things like "I've lived too long," or something to that effect. I never thought of saying it myself before this.

You're kidding, right? In that context, you thought maybe she was referring to their sexuality? Or did you know what she meant all along, and this whole topic just sarcasm, like you refuse to accept how stupid it is that we use "gay" like "uncool"?

I had to read my post really hard to find the "we," and it should be obvious I mean people in general, but for those who insist on taking everything as a personal affront, there are still many people who don't use "gay" as "uncool," and to the person who made the paint brush remark, I pray to God you can find it in your rigid psyche to forgive me for this egregious faux pas.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 8:33 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Tahitiii wrote:

I had to read my post really hard to find the "we," and it should be obvious I mean people in general, but for those who insist on taking everything as a personal affront, there are still many people who don't use "gay" as "uncool," and to the person who made the paint brush remark, I pray to God you can find it in your rigid psyche to forgive me for this egregious faux pas.

you think it odd to find a rigid psyche on a support site for autistics? I always question the use of we because I take communication literally and wanted to know to whom you were referring.
Thank you for telling me.