Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 6:45 am

Does it annoy you when people move your things around?

Yesterday my mum "tidied" my room, and she put everything back in totally illogical places! My handbags are in my makeup drawer, my iPod and phone chargers in the paper drawer, and I don't even know what else she's moved. If she'd just WAITED a day or two, I would have got round to tidying it myself. The reason I have things where they are is because that's where I expect them to be when I need them!

I was so annoyed, I actually cried.

y es como un semestre"

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 8:04 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:

"Annoy" isn't a strong enough word. ("Infuriate" isn't a strong enough word.)
People are not allowed to touch my stuff, let alone move it, without permission from me; even with permission, they have to put up with me standing watching them and twitching.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 8:14 am

Yeah, it really bothers me - especially since then I have a hard time finding things.

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2009, 8:57 am

Yesterday my mum "tidied" my room, and she put everything back in totally illogical places! My handbags are in my makeup drawer, my iPod and phone chargers in the paper drawer, and I don't even know what else she's moved. If she'd just WAITED a day or two, I would have got round to tidying it myself. The reason I have things where they are is because that's where I expect them to be when I need them!

I was so annoyed, I actually cried.

Whenever my mother gets the impulse to touch my things, I don't just cry. I scream, throw things, and just go into a full-out meltdown. The anxiety I feel when my things are disturbed just makes me SNAP.
Even in other parts of my environment, like when she painted the kitchen or moved around the living-room, makes me very uncomfortable. Not to the same extent, but it's still hard for me.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 12:22 pm

It even bothers me when I move my stuff around. Let me explain:

I have a nice oak desk in my office that is a complete and utter mess, but I can tell you where every scrap of paper and buried CD-ROM is on that desk. On occasion, when I felt "I should clean up my desk so the partners don't think I'm a total slob", I have actually becomes LESS efficient.

Funny story: One time, a biologist who was new to the firm was wishing we had a floor plan of our office because they were moving people around. I told him to hang on a sec and went to my office and fetched one within about 45 seconds. He was sooooo impressed and told me, "Wow, you must have a GREAT filing system. I can tell I need to learn some things from you". I just about died laughing internally :lol:

-Vorzac-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2009, 12:25 pm

I actually get incredibly stressed if someone moves my stuff. I tend to throw things about willy-nilly, but I'm always able to keep track of where I last put them...well, most of the time. 8)

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 12:52 pm

It drives me mad. For one, I'm usually the kind of person who - although she is punctual - leaves last minute possible. If my things are misplaced then and I can't find them I'm sure to run late.

The other reason why others moving my things frustrates me, sometimes makes me cry too, is something I am certain comes from autism and the need for routines.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 1:18 pm

there is method and sstem to everything I do - even the chaos - because whilst it appears chaotic to everyone else, I KNOW where everything is> it gets stored in the brain files without my choice on the matter.

others moving my things?i have been know to strike out at them.

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 2:52 pm

Not only do I hate having my belongings moved around, but I really dislike the idea of someone else messing about and touching things. I'm so territorial and protective of my belongings. I'm like a dog that growls at you if you come near it's food bowl or favorite toy.

And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.

23 May 2009, 3:04 pm

Simple solution (Not talking about your bedroom), do not leave your things in the wrong spot. Put your things where they belong or keep them in your own bedroom. I always move my bf's things and don't give rats if it bothers him. I tell him "don't leave it in the wrong spot then." I hate pigs and slobs so when I go on my cleaning spree, I put things away and I tell all those people don't leave their things in the wrong spot then. I did it when I lived with my parents. They never seemed to learn :roll:

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 4:17 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Simple solution (Not talking about your bedroom), do not leave your things in the wrong spot. Put your things where they belong or keep them in your own bedroom. I always move my bf's things and don't give rats if it bothers him. I tell him "don't leave it in the wrong spot then." I hate pigs and slobs so when I go on my cleaning spree, I put things away and I tell all those people don't leave their things in the wrong spot then. I did it when I lived with my parents. They never seemed to learn :roll:

I never leave my things anywhere other than my bedroom. Even my mum says at least I keep the untidiness in my own space, whereas my brother spreads his stuff all around the house and surrounding area.

y es como un semestre"

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

23 May 2009, 9:52 pm

Quote:
"Annoy" isn't a strong enough word. ("Infuriate" isn't a strong enough word.)

I'm somewhere bordering on homicidal when my possessions are moved. I realise it is a gross overreaction in the eyes of others, so I try to explain if it is a first time offence. Second time, anything goes.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 9:59 pm

I actually have diary speaking of how angry it made me when my mother moved something and I could not find it.
It sent me into a severe rage attack. Fortunately, these days I live alone, and the only one I have to worry about is myself..but boy, if I misplace something myself, I also fly into a rage attack and cannot relax until it is found.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 1:25 pm

It can get very annoying. I have a lot of SpongeBob stuff in my room, and they all have a certain place where I put them, it can be very annoying if people move it from that spot without asking me.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

WardenWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 2:31 pm

Infuriating is definitely the right word, in my case. In addition to making it near impossible to find my things, it's a major violation of trust when someone else goes through my stuff without asking.

24 May 2009, 4:18 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:

I never leave my things anywhere other than my bedroom. Even my mum says at least I keep the untidiness in my own space, whereas my brother spreads his stuff all around the house and surrounding area.

My reply was for everyone in this thread who gets bothered by their things being moved. Luckily I live on my own and I rule the apartment so I don't have to worry about my things being moved. When I lived with my family, I kept my things put away and kept things in my room while my whole family couldn't seem to figure that out. I wonder what was the matter with them? They claimed it was hard to keep things put away but I always called BS on that and they were just lazy. At least my bf can actually learn so he doesn't really keep his things in the wrong spot that often because he knows I will move it.