Is it true that Seduction stuff doesn't work with aspies?

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 12:38 pm

For those of you who know what I am taking about, I went to a seduction forum not too long ago and asked if the seduction techniques they taught would work with an aspie or a person with a personality disorder and was told by a moderator that if I had a mental problem or condition I had to see a psychologist because the stuff they teach is based on the assumption that the apprentice is a 'normal' person who doesn't know how to attract or seduce women.

I was wondering if you agree with what I was told and if you or someone you know with asperger's have ever successfully employed the techniques you learned from Seduction websites.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 12:41 pm

Mw99 wrote:
For those of you who know what I am taking about, I went to a seduction forum not too long ago and asked if the seduction techniques they taught would work with an aspie or a person with a personality disorder and was told by a moderator that if I had a mental problem or condition I had to see a psychologist because the stuff they teach is based on the assumption that the apprentice is a 'normal' person who doesn't know how to attract or seduce women.

I was wondering if you agree with what I was told and if you or someone you know with asperger's have ever successfully employed the techniques you learned from Seduction websites.

Its BS. Lots of this stuff is targeted at ourselves really. You should take a look into the backgrounds of some of these seduction people.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 12:45 pm

I know that seduction doesn't work on me as well as it would other people, but with aspies it's not a definitive across the entire spectrum... we all have our own turn-ons and turn-offs... some are weirder than others... I for example am turned on by nerdy women (even moreso than the stereotypical "hot chick")...

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 1:24 pm

That stuff is is the s**t of the male version of the animal that gives you the milk you eat in your breakfast ceral

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 1:33 pm

For being seduced, I think aspies are in some ways easier because most of us are relationship and sex deprived. For using seduction techniques, I think it'd be harder for us than for an NT, but since the provide explicit rules to follow, they might be better for us than nothing in some ways.

TheKingsRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2009, 1:38 pm

If your trying to get a date with an aspie just ask. Either it works or it dosn't.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 1:54 pm

TheKingsRaven wrote:
If your trying to get a date with an aspie just ask. Either it works or it dosn't.
Yay... that's perfect. Seduction techniques never worked on me. I'd just go "spock" on the attempted seducer and ask if he thought I was mentally challenged. However, when my husband just flat out asked me, there was no problem.

What's wrong with honesty? Aspies don't do BS, surely? (BS is code for "seduction vocab." Aspies are too intelligent to fall for that malarkey, aren't they?)

If you're trying to go out with a non aspie... I don't know if they'd fall for "BS" from you or not. But the point is, at some point, you're going to have to be honest... why not start from the get go? I've been very happily married, and we never did do the wine and roses crapula, right from the start.

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2009, 2:02 pm

mgran wrote:
TheKingsRaven wrote:
Yay... that's perfect. Seduction techniques never worked on me. I'd just go "spock" on the attempted seducer and ask if he thought I was mentally challenged. However, when my husband just flat out asked me, there was no problem.

What's wrong with honesty? Aspies don't do BS, surely? (BS is code for "seduction vocab." Aspies are too intelligent to fall for that malarkey, aren't they?)

If you're trying to go out with a non aspie... I don't know if they'd fall for "BS" from you or not. But the point is, at some point, you're going to have to be honest... why not start from the get go? I've been very happily married, and we never did do the wine and roses crapula, right from the start.

This is how it is with dating and seduction.

Either the person likes you or they dont.
If the person doesnt respond to your messages they dont wanna talk to you.
Most women are going to say no.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 2:49 pm

To me, the whole suduction game is either blatantly obvious or a total joke. Does not work.

KnightGhost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 May 2009, 1:02 am

How to seduce an aspie: be polite yet blunt.

Problem solved.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 1:16 am

If non-verbal communication plays a large part in seduction, then of course it wouldn't work very well with Aspies. That's like a blind man trying to impress people with his oil paintings.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 1:54 am

NeantHumain wrote:
For using seduction techniques, I think it'd be harder for us than for an NT

So, so true. I was chatting with one my guy friends and two of his friends (both male) after a house party one night, just about general type stuff, and I must have tossed my hair over my shoulder/been playing with it or something, I don't know. Anyway, one of the friends stared at me in disbelief for a while then said I had somehow managed to completely screw up the "hair flick" (which is apparently a classic, completely fail-safe, female seduction technique- wtf? :? ) - and he had never seen anyone make it look so unappealing before.

Besides the fact that I wasn't attempting to do a "seduction technique", it was a pretty good summation of my complete inability to be seductive.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 2:00 am

sunshower wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:

So, so true. I was chatting with one my guy friends and two of his friends (both male) after a house party one night, just about general type stuff, and I must have tossed my hair over my shoulder/been playing with it or something, I don't know. Anyway, one of the friends stared at me in disbelief for a while then said I had somehow managed to completely screw up the "hair flick" (which is apparently a classic, completely fail-safe, female seduction technique- wtf? :? ) - and he had never seen anyone make it look so unappealing before.

Besides the fact that I wasn't attempting to do a "seduction technique", it was a pretty good summation of my complete inability to be seductive.

Only to "normal" people... if you wanted to seduce me, you would just have to act nerdy... I got turned on by a woman yelling out "epic fail" once, complete with the proper intonations that are to be expected...

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 2:10 am

Depends on my mood. Sometimes the stuff doesn't even register in my brain, and other times it sinks right in and does what it's supposed to do. My anxiety level has alot to do with it too. If my brain is racing, it doesn't really care about anything else.

Those who know, don't speak.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 2:56 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
sunshower wrote:
NeantHumain wrote:

Only to "normal" people... if you wanted to seduce me, you would just have to act nerdy... I got turned on by a woman yelling out "epic fail" once, complete with the proper intonations that are to be expected...

Actually, that's pretty funny because I tend to say that at least once a day - or just "fail". Never really thought of it as being seductive... 8O

But to be honest I wouldn't want to change the surprised/disappointed/confused looks on guys faces when they hit on me and get a completely non-seductive/flirtatious/unexpected response back. There isn't a funnier look in this world, no siree :P

To be fair - I get totally turned on by intelligent guys. :oops: There's nothing I find more attractive than hearing a guy talk in a way that demonstrates his knowledge and intelligence. My cousins (who keep trying to get me to pick up tanned surfer dudes on the beach) are convinced there is something wrong with me. :P

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 3:08 am

I must admit, I've never got "seduction". Why would someone talking to you in an obviously false manner designed to flatter and appease you be attractive? I've always found attempts to seduce me rather insulting, and have never understood why women fall for it.