Guys who have been ignored by girls 71%  71%  [ 25 ]
Girls who have been ignored by guys 29%  29%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 35

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2009, 11:21 am

Rylee wrote:
I have been reading this thread with an increasing level of disappointment, to say the least. I'm a woman in my early fifties, who is pretty nice looking myself, although not looking for a relationship any more. I'm finding this thread disappointing because it seems like the values I'm seeing here are just as shallow as those of NTs: you want to find a pretty girl, just like the NT guys do. How many of you (who feel that's important) are really good looking guys, in fact? I have seen so many men of all kinds of neurological makeups screw themselves up, over the decades I've been observing such behavior, because they get stuck with this "I've got to pull a babe, or I'll look like I'm settling" kind of crap. When a man grows up enough to start looking beneath the surface, then is when he's more likely to meet a woman who can do the same.

I think I'm attractive go see for yourself...and I'm not being cocky or nothing http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt99697.html

It seems like its common for guys to be ugly from what i read on this thread. Why does everybody assume that just because we have problems getting with or talking to women we are UGLY????

I never really thought about it that way

ladyinred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2009, 11:27 am

Lol, I like the way you've started a thread just about you. There was already a best looking male thread, you have some competition there :wink:

jemir1234
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2009, 11:30 am

ladyinred wrote:
Lol, I like the way you've started a thread just about you. There was already a best looking male thread, you have some competition there :wink:

I welcomed guys to post their own pics on their as well, but i guess they kinda began to think it was about me

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 9:32 am

AA is back.

Tim_Tex wrote:
If you felt comfortable enough corresponding with someone that you wanted to take it to e-mail or IM, it would block out the addresses and screen names (I think this was to protect us from scammers).

Yeah. There are work-arounds, like formatting your e-dress "username at domain.com."

- Emerson

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 10:48 am

I'm sorry I did not understand the question.

CerebralDreamer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 12:54 am

Honestly, the site is too difficult to use. I just go to a competitor and put up with NT nonsense.

I would be much more inclined to use it if there were more options in creating the profile (as in, reasonable text formatting, now it's just too jumbled), and more capacity to use links. (Even if you limit the domains to major competitors or such, it'll still work better.)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2009, 9:45 pm

Because said guy doesn't know my background, he believes he will impress me by making nasty comments about some "loser", or make a crack about Autism, or something along those lines - generally putting down a minority or somebody else to make himself look good. It would be almost funny if it didn't make me so angry. And it happens to me ALL THE TIME. I swear, I could count on two hands the number of guys who have said this sort of stuff trying to impress me.

Rolls eyes shakes head in disbelief. Do these men "improve" as they get older? Or do they just get older?

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2009, 6:59 am

aussiebloke wrote:
Because said guy doesn't know my background, he believes he will impress me by making nasty comments about some "loser", or make a crack about Autism, or something along those lines - generally putting down a minority or somebody else to make himself look good. It would be almost funny if it didn't make me so angry. And it happens to me ALL THE TIME. I swear, I could count on two hands the number of guys who have said this sort of stuff trying to impress me.

Rolls eyes shakes head in disbelief. Do these men "improve" as they get older? Or do they just get older?

Wow, this thread is old - but anyway...

Yeah, nah I'd say they just get older. It's ironic really because in recent years I've had guys hit on me who wouldn't be seen dead with me if we'd known each other at school.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2009, 6:17 pm

when a guy looks at me I believe he would probably see a popular, attractive NT girl (not trying to wave my own flag - I think I do come across this way on first impression because just in the last year I suddenly made many friends). He would have no way of knowing that a. I am AS and ADHD, b.

Well your young and attractive so even if you where that loser/weirdo autistic stereotype they will still try to crack on to you, I'd say even more so as it gives these unpleasant people something to brag about to their = boorish mates!

Welcome to Brisbane.

PS never heard an autistic joke in my life something to do with staring?

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2009, 7:14 pm

Only knew b here and your the 1 st to repond to me thank you! Tried aspie affection and am completley ignored their that's OK I think it's rather amusing.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2009, 7:22 pm

have been reading this thread with an increasing level of disappointment, to say the least. I'm a woman in my early fifties, who is pretty nice looking myself, although not looking for a relationship any more. I'm finding this thread disappointing because it seems like the values I'm seeing here are just as shallow as those of NTs: you want to find a pretty girl, just like the NT guys do. How many of you (who feel that's important) are really good looking guys, in fact? I have seen so many men of all kinds of neurological makeups screw themselves up, over the decades I've been observing such behavior, because they get stuck with this "I've got to pull a babe, or I'll look like I'm settling" kind of crap. When a man grows up enough to start looking beneath the surface, then is when he's more likely to meet a woman who can do the same.

Hey I'd love "hot" looking girl friend, though where not all that way inclined, for me "looks" neat tidy and presentable is more than enough. Any how many "hot" looking woman seem shallow and nasty to me (though not all of them of cause).

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2009, 8:39 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
have been reading this thread with an increasing level of disappointment, to say the least. I'm a woman in my early fifties, who is pretty nice looking myself, although not looking for a relationship any more. I'm finding this thread disappointing because it seems like the values I'm seeing here are just as shallow as those of NTs: you want to find a pretty girl, just like the NT guys do. How many of you (who feel that's important) are really good looking guys, in fact? I have seen so many men of all kinds of neurological makeups screw themselves up, over the decades I've been observing such behavior, because they get stuck with this "I've got to pull a babe, or I'll look like I'm settling" kind of crap. When a man grows up enough to start looking beneath the surface, then is when he's more likely to meet a woman who can do the same.

Hey I'd love "hot" looking girl friend, though where not all that way inclined, for me "looks" neat tidy and presentable is more than enough. Any how many "hot" looking woman seem shallow and nasty to me (though not all of them of cause).

I completely agree with you. And what's with this "settling" bs? I honestly don't understand it, is it settling if you meet a girl/guy with a great personality, who likes you for you, but is only average looking, or a little overweight? As for "nice guys," if you're only nice to the pretty ones, you're NOT a nice guy.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2009, 6:22 pm

This really got me thinking, we have difficulty understanding what NT's are on about, though I'm quite perplexed how a WP person (I thought nice guy was part of our "problem") could accuse some one of being (physically) unattractive . I see beauty even in "ugly" women.

I tell you what is seriously hot for me having a GF (still hasn't happened!!) in my living room playing Xbox, both (??) laughing at the exaggerated stereotypes (thinks) Gears of War. Where are all the hardcore women gamers, their doesnt seem to be that many around my age group, though their seems to be quite a few of them in the early to mid 20's, not even sure (???) if it's appropriate to respond to women in that age group.

PS what is typically defined as physically "attractive" well I find most of the Women on Aspie Affection some what to quite attractive.

Last edited by aussiebloke on 04 Nov 2009, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2009, 7:43 pm

As for "nice guys," if you're only nice to the pretty ones, you're NOT a nice guy.

Well I'm nice , told so by psychologists (husband/wife team) they said I was a very sensitive person! Only diagnoised after a "mental" breakdown in my mid 20's , I thought WTF are you on about, I was not behaving or feeling to sensitive at that time I can tell you.

So their are aspie men who are not senstive/nice?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2009, 8:22 pm

Most of the guys I didn't respond to on Aspie Affection because they were either too far or too intense. Also some guy with a nickname of something like "always_stoned" I obviously wasn't going to respond to.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2009, 8:26 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
I'm finding this thread disappointing because it seems like the values I'm seeing here are just as shallow as those of NTs: you want to find a pretty girl, just like the NT guys do. How many of you (who feel that's important) are really good looking guys, in fact? I have seen so many men of all kinds of neurological makeups screw themselves up, over the decades I've been observing such behavior, because they get stuck with this "I've got to pull a babe, or I'll look like I'm settling" kind of crap. When a man grows up enough to start looking beneath the surface, then is when he's more likely to meet a woman who can do the same.

I totally agree with you, it annoys me how some aspie guys think getting a pretty girl will solve all their problems. I had a conversation on MSN where a friend introduced me to his friend. This guy immediately asked to swap photos. I was thinking, "OK, this is a bit soon, but OK"...so when I sent mine, he just replied "No". He was no stunner himself - he looked depressed and ill.