Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2009, 2:20 pm

some of them are immarture and annoying its mostly the ones younger than me.

TrinityDejavu
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 May 2009, 2:48 pm

SystemDown wrote:
I just hate them. They're so disgusting and such jerks. I've been verbally attacked by them at random.

Everyone hates teenagers, even some teenagers.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 2:56 pm

Hate's a strong word. But I have an aversion to both teenage boys and teenage girls.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 3:11 pm

Keeno wrote:
Hate's a strong word. But I have an aversion to both teenage boys and teenage girls.

I think the main issue is that the whole pack / group think mentality of teenage boys and girls is so completely foreign to us, it often makes us uncomfortable. That and sometimes they can directly be nasty to strangers.

TrinityDejavu
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 May 2009, 3:14 pm

fiddlerpianist wrote:
I think the main issue is that the whole pack / group think mentality of teenage boys and girls is so completely foreign to us, it often makes us uncomfortable. That and sometimes they can directly be nasty to strangers.

I never understood that, group-think ... stupid little lemmings all wandering off the same cliff together ..

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 10:35 pm

Teens are only good for one thing, with their supple young organs and soon to be lost innocence. ;)

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 11:58 pm

fiddlerpianist wrote:

We are Anonymous...oh wait wrong group :P

Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 6:48 am

fiddlerpianist wrote:
To this day, I will walk on the other side of the street to avoid a pack of them. That's not exactly hate, but they make me really uncomfortable.

This.

Usually they end up walking next to me (effing 6-8 of them, do they have ANY idea how intimidating that can be to a girl??)
and asking me if I have a boyfriend, where I live etc.
I just answer their questions (lied) and just pray to whatever they'll leave me alone soon and not harm me.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 6:58 am

I'm the mother of a teenage boy, and I think they can be truly lovely. But packs of them are not so much.

Once, when I was pregnant, a teenage boy went past me on his bike and grabbed my breast. Later I was walking, and saw him and his mates, who all started laughing at me.

I don't think they expected the pregnant woman to pick up the boob grabber and throw him over a wall.

So yes, I can see why they're intimidating. But so can teenage girls be. (As my son would confirm.)

People are people... but in groups they become mindless.

I don't like GANGS of teenage boys. Individuals, I take as they come. Some can be very nice.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 9:02 am

I didn't care much for teenage boys even when I was one. I was often harassed by them and made to feel miserable for whatever reason they could dream of, or simply because I existed. Teenage girls treated me the same way.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 7:33 pm

Psygirl6 wrote:
I always had a problem with teenage boys. i do not hate them, since I know a few nice ones. It uis more like the ones who would give me trouble when I am walking down the street are always teenage boys. Actually in the past couple of years, the teenage girls have been kind of jerks to me too. It kind of makes me scared. The sad thing is I am a 30 woman, but I do look much younger for my age. i even get mistaken for a high school freshman and/or even an 8th grader.

It is excactly the same for me. On the best of days it is "just" humiliating, on the worst of days it scares the living daylights out of me, since I don't know how far they will go.
Tweens can be quite disrespectful, too, but at least they don't scare me.
The fact that I too look way younger than I am, might contribute.

I have known a few nice youth, but it is very easy to stereotyping them when most of the experience is very negative.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 8:00 pm

I don't have the capacity to hate whole groups of people; only dislike.
And the only group of people I dislike are jerks (or whatever other choice word one wants to use for them.).

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Zerostanzi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 May 2009, 11:39 pm

Well, that depends. If they're nice or they leave me alone, I don't. However, if they make fun of me or are loud and obnoxious, then I hate them. Mostly I hate teenage girls, because of the way some of them used to make fun of me in the past.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 9:33 am

If they leave me alone it's not so bad. It's not all of them as well. But I keep seeing a dynamic where groups of teenage boys will be together in groups and be trying to intimidate people, especially lone women and girls. I have had that happen to me a number of times.

Also can someone explain this to me? One night I was walking by myself back from the shop, in the early evening. There was a group of teenage boys on the path trying to occupy as much space as possible lounging around. Cos they're that cool. :wink: Even though I felt wary, I just put on my tired bored cranky face and listened to my headphones, because if you ignore someone without showing fear they will sometimes just leave you alone. I walked through the middle of them and passed, and one of them yelled at my back to take out my headphones and pay attention to what was going on around me.
It's confusing. It doesn't make much sense why they would say something like that, but since they're hanging out there in a group at night, are they saying I should consider them a threat and so take more notice of them? It certainly did sound that way. :roll: Does anyone have an alternate explanation for what that was supposed to mean?

I'll spare you all the other anecdotes about all the run ins and attacks, following and comments I've had to go through ever. It's tedious and unpleasant. :( :shrug:

To sum it up, teenage boys are ok if they don't do that sort of thing, but I've found it isn't really a new phenomenon and so I'm rather wary of them. I don't like teenage girls in the throes of group-think either, but I've found that the teenage boys can be more dangerous in some ways.