Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Do you like paintball?
Poll ended at 28 May 2009, 9:30 am
There is no better fun! 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
The fact that people willingly let other people fire guns at them is ludicrous 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Do people still play paintball? 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2009, 9:30 am

I have been part of the committee to figure out a wedding shower for my sister. I came up with an idea that I thought everyone would like and could do - a belly dancing lesson, then a trip out to a speciality restaurant and then to a comedy club. Then my sister decided she would like to do paint ball and another girl is pitching that.

I can't tell you how "thrilled" I am to have other people hunting me with ballistic fluid-filled missiles and having to listen to loud cracking noises for the better part of an afternoon - well, I probably could, but there isn't enough band width to say how much I hate the idea of this bizarre concept. Like I don't have a target on me to begin with and people take metaphoric pot shots at me on a daily basis. Who thinks this stuff is fun?? Its just shades of dodge ball all over again. Yuk !

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 9:59 am

Would people be allowed not to participate? I'm sure even plenty of non-Aspies would hate this idea - especially older people. If it were me and you couldn't opt out I wouldn't even go.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 11:22 am

What the hell do you have against dodge ball? ^^

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 1:03 pm

I've never had the opportunity to play.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 1:53 pm

That sounds really awesome. XD; I've never played paintball before, but I want to. (dodge ball was the best) You know, you could find a good hiding place, like in a tree or something, and just be a sniper. Or I'm sure they would let you out of it if you really wanted. I mean, who forces people to play paintball? XD; You could just watch and laugh at people from the sidelines. And if they shot you, you could chase them down and beat them with a stick.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 2:53 pm

I'd love to try. But I'd probably end up cracking my ribs, I have a weak sense of pain so I'd end up doing a rambo and getting taken down :lol:

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2009, 8:46 am

MattShizzle wrote:
Would people be allowed not to participate? I'm sure even plenty of non-Aspies would hate this idea - especially older people. If it were me and you couldn't opt out I wouldn't even go.

Sadly I couldn't opt out because I am also maid of honor, so I get locked in to going. However, I do think people will do just that - opt out. Its really not something that everyone likes and not everyone is athletic like my sister. Hopefully the main party coordinator will take that off the list. She knows my feelings on it anyway - especially since I don't want to pay for an event that I have no interest in. She feels that sometimes one just has to "bite the bullet" and do what the bride wants to do, but then again a shower isn't really about that, its about the family and friends throwing a party. She has found out though - I just don't follow crowds, LOL!

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2009, 8:54 am

Henriksson wrote:
What the hell do you have against dodge ball? ^^

Call me whacky, but giving a bunch of small children something to throw, adding in a kid that is "strange" and a kid they don't particularly like for reasons they can't identify other than she is "different", then adding an authority that says it is acceptable to inflict violence on someone as long as you call it a "game" just is wrong, especially from the perspective of the strange little kid who gets pummelled mercilessly even though there are other targets available.

my personal opinion of course, others will and do vary :wink: