Anyone else hate football ? (soccer if you are american)

Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 May 2009, 12:51 pm

I find football boring, though I can understand why people support their home team. When I was in secondary school I hated compulsory football which was on one afternoon every week during term time except in the Summer term.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 1:35 pm

I've always loathed football. The biggest football nuts in my grade school class (who would come to school in football dress most days) were also the most disgusting morons. I find the game excruciatingly boring to watch, and the rituals of football fans (which always, ALWAYS degenerate into acts of violence and vandalism) more repulsive than anything in the world. :evil:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 1:40 pm

AmberEyes wrote:
A cunning plan, however, I do foresee a problem with it.

I may not know a lot about football, but what I do know is that many players are bought in from teams abroad for extortionate amounts of money.

I also know that some players from this country have been sold abroad.

Buying and selling people?! 8O
Swapping them around.
I don't understand it unless it's for the £s, $s etc.

Given how nationally mixed up all the teams across the globe.
And how even some managers originally came in from abroad.
I find football very confusing.

I don't know if your plan will work in this "Global Village".

Nice try though... :)

Good point - I have to concede it does obfuscate the anti-patriotic wing of my plan, as they could always argue that they're being politically correct and multi-racial rather than downright fascist......it's curious that they still wave their national flags and shout "England!" when the players aren't particularly English - I can't quite put my finger on it but I'm still convinced there's some kind of local supremacism going on there, though it seems to have evolved into a symbolic form.......perhaps it's the English money (that presumably still fuels the enterprise) that the fans are ultimately cheering on?

There's probably a thesis or a book in the analysis of this conundrum. Could include a chapter on the contradiction between the ideals of non-discrimination against disability and discrimination in favour of hyperability.

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 1:46 pm

Soccer's boring. REAL football is where the action is at!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 1:48 pm

I quite enjoy it. :O)

Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 2:11 pm

it's fun to play, but it's really boring to watch on tv.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 2:25 pm

The Champion's League final which is played atm bored me so I couldn't keep watching it.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 2:29 pm

I find that unless I'm extremely excited about a particular team winning it's boring. This goes for most other sports as well but soccer/football is particularly hard to watch when you don't care who wins due to the low scoring.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 5:15 pm

I never really watched soccer before, but it can't be all that much better that the football we have here in the U.S. So it's safe to say that I hate them both. I never saw the point in being a spectator of sports, unless you were a participant at one time, or wanted to be. And for me, football(or soccer) never interested me. I never was a team player, so I don't like team sports.

I'd rather watch golf, than football or soccer. :lol:

Those who know, don't speak.

ladyinred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2009, 5:20 pm

Zoonic wrote:
The Champion's League final which is played atm bored me so I couldn't keep watching it.

The result was very pleasing for me, I hate man united :P

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 5:24 pm

Blah I hate football, I don't like playing it and I don't like watching it (unless it's the world cup and England are playing).
Footballers are over payed, over hyped drama queens and the "WAGS" (wives and girlfriends) are all dull and with no brains.
Even my boy mates agree.

ladyinred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2009, 5:30 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Blah I hate football, I don't like playing it and I don't like watching it (unless it's the world cup and England are playing).
Footballers are over payed, over hyped drama queens and the "WAGS" (wives and girlfriends) are all dull and with no brains.
Even my boy mates agree.

Yeah, the wags are vile, and definatly the footballers are over payed. Just think if any premiership player gave a weeks wages to the country this economy would be fixed, and the footballers wouldn't even notice that money had gone.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 5:41 pm

ladyinred wrote:
Zoonic wrote:

Yay me too. All the kids in school, who didn't want me to play with them football (soccer) supported ManU, as did a few bullies sometime later in life. I'm so happy... :D

ladyinred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2009, 5:47 pm

i_wanna_blue wrote:
ladyinred wrote:
Zoonic wrote:

Yay me too. All the kids in school, who didn't want me to play with them football (soccer) supported ManU, as did a few bullies sometime later in life. I'm so happy... :D

:P Yay!! !! !! !! !! !

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 5:59 pm

As am American I find soccer boring. Though not quite as boring as NASCAR, Golf, and Baseball.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 6:58 pm

RockDrummer616 wrote:
Soccer's boring. REAL football is where the action is at!

You do realise that's just rugby with body armour, right?