Any point in reading a book on body language?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2009, 5:07 am

Chyndonax wrote:
AJCoyne wrote:
It will probably help you understand people a little better, but in a completely analytical way. I have studied people etc for a while and I feel I understand them more but not in a close way...more like in the way you would perhaps study birds and feel you know birds better, if that makes sense. When I read about humans, I don't think about myself as one, and have therefore distanced my self from people completely- which is not what I initially intended.

I know exactly what you mean. I can figure people out very well. But I cannot connect to them. There have been times when I'll be watching a group of people and I get this feeling of not being like them at all. Even a little. It's hard to explain just how total this feeling is. Although I suspect many here will be familiar with it.
I suppose it is a normal AS feeling, not being human...but I really wouldn't recommend reading up on body language anymore. It may be better to learn kinetically? It's harder, but probably more rewarding. :?:
:)

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 4:24 am

I've actually bought books and tried, because I was sick of being defenceless through not knowing when I was being lied to or played with. I now recognise a tiny bit of the most obvious BL, but study hasn't been illuminating on the whole. I guess it doesn't hurt, but I've found it's sometimes a really intuitive thing.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 7:23 am

I found reading a body language book really helped me, especially with spotting group behaviour, and it was an interesting and highly enjoyable read too.

Chyndonax
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2009, 1:27 pm

sunshower wrote:
I found reading a body language book really helped me, especially with spotting group behaviour, and it was an interesting and highly enjoyable read too.

Which book did you read?

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2009, 6:12 pm

I've read articles on body language. I often get things in theory, however, when it actually happens I still sometimes miss it. But it did help me a little bit.