Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 3:10 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
I guess that would be a dumb question to ask literally so lemme rephrase it "Do you find the common way of life boring?"

Dont you think that it's a bit dull that most of are gonna do nothing with our life but experience relationship drama, get a dull 9-5 job then get married and have kids to add to the relationship drama until we're all rotting dead old people?

It depends on what is going on in their minds, I mean every day I have to fill the washing machine, move the washed clothes into the dryer, fold the clothes, fill the dishwasher, make a couple of meals, make tea, get washed, get dressed, eat and those are all very mundane things but what I do in between and what goes on in my mind makes life very interesting to me.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 4:25 pm

That's why I wanna get out of here and backpack around the world! And maybe learn parkour or something. Just my luck to graduate when the entire world is broke and unemployed. OTL
BUT SOME DAY! Some day soon. :3

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 5:10 pm

Wouldn't say life is so boring. I guess I do want more excitement but I still find fun things to do. :)

SpongeBobRocksMao!

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 5:25 pm

1234 wrote:
No, however, I find it rather pointless.

My thoughts exactly. I can find things to entertain myself, but I find life rather pointless - it's like finding things to avoid boredom on a long trip - except that this is a trip to nowhere, the trip itself is pointless. My thoughts are along the lines of the following:

Quote:
What of it? If I die, I die. It will be no great loss to the world, and I am thoroughly bored with life. I am like a man yawning at a ball; the only reason he does not go home to bed is that his carriage has not arrived yet.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 5:54 pm

Acacia wrote:
No. I do not find life boring.
I find life to be exhausting, chaotic, loud, and generally overstimulating.

Life for me is a mix of both of those things. I find that if I balance them out (which sometimes I can and sometimes I can't) it works out nicely. In other words, if I spend a period of time doing all these hectic things then I appreciate the down-time and I perceive it as "relaxing" instead of "boring".

It also helps though that I sort of enjoy chaos in moderation, not everyone is so fortunate.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 9:13 pm

Given I am always at work on something, I am seldom bored.

I find second life boring.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 10:56 pm

pbcoll wrote:
1234 wrote:
No, however, I find it rather pointless.

My thoughts exactly. I can find things to entertain myself, but I find life rather pointless - it's like finding things to avoid boredom on a long trip - except that this is a trip to nowhere, the trip itself is pointless. My thoughts are along the lines of the following:

Quote:
What of it? If I die, I die. It will be no great loss to the world, and I am thoroughly bored with life. I am like a man yawning at a ball; the only reason he does not go home to bed is that his carriage has not arrived yet.

I'm with them.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 2:46 am

Life is but a stage, all the men and women merely players. Except the guy selling popcorn.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 4:44 pm

Henriksson wrote:
Life is but a stage, all the men and women merely players. Except the guy selling popcorn.

Then what/who makes up the audience?

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 4:51 pm

Lecks wrote:
Henriksson wrote:

Then what/who makes up the audience?

The actors make up the audience too, in some sort of paradoxical way. 8)

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 4:57 pm

Henriksson wrote:
The actors make up the audience too, in some sort of paradoxical way. 8)

I was expecting you to say "God" or something. I like your answer better :P

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 5:01 pm

I buried my dead cat today, in the back garden, and planted a little tree on her grave. I had kept her in the freezer for almost six months until the soil was soft enough to dig in. It made me realize even more that I find life beyond boring and pointless. I don't have a single truly good moment from my life aside from the time I spent with my cat. I found her abandonded when she was a kitten and because I always hated society and other people, she became my best friend. I really feel my purpose in life was this cat. Burying her reminded me again how pointless my life is now. I just don't know what to do to fill the void.

Since I don't care about anyone else my only reason to continue living would be to see the world change and enter new ages, but I will be dead long before that so life has no point really. I don't even find my regular, repetitive aspie timekilling routines interesting anymore. I just feel a complete void.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 10:01 am

Zoonic wrote:
Since I don't care about anyone else my only reason to continue living would be to see the world change and enter new ages, but I will be dead long before that so life has no point really.

Don't say that; I'm way older than you are but expect to see a lot of change still if I live out the normal lifespan. So far, I've seen man land on the moon, the first PCs, the first computer games, perestroika, the advent of the World Wide Web, the Millennium, the dotcom craze, the first space tourists and the first black US president.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2009, 1:29 pm

Zoonic wrote:
I buried my dead cat today, in the back garden, and planted a little tree on her grave. I had kept her in the freezer for almost six months until the soil was soft enough to dig in. It made me realize even more that I find life beyond boring and pointless. I don't have a single truly good moment from my life aside from the time I spent with my cat. I found her abandonded when she was a kitten and because I always hated society and other people, she became my best friend. I really feel my purpose in life was this cat. Burying her reminded me again how pointless my life is now. I just don't know what to do to fill the void.

Since I don't care about anyone else my only reason to continue living would be to see the world change and enter new ages, but I will be dead long before that so life has no point really. I don't even find my regular, repetitive aspie timekilling routines interesting anymore. I just feel a complete void.

Dude, maybe you should work with animals.

Sicklee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2009, 4:53 pm

I envy our descendants who's lifespan was a lot shorter, and probably therefore lived for the moment, instead of miserably working towards a boring retirement with aches and pains.

Simpler times where you didn't have to have an enormous ego, constantly buy s**t and jump through hoops to impress people in order to fit in.

robbokris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2009, 6:09 pm

desmonami wrote:
Life is as interesting as you make it.

True.

Mine's very boring and frustrating at the moment.