Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

robbokris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2009, 6:09 pm

desmonami wrote:
Life is as interesting as you make it.

True.

Mine's very boring and frustrating at the moment.

Lady_Kenshin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2009, 11:25 am

Yes. My life is very boring.

What I hate is that whenever I mention this to someone I know (especially a NT) I get told that I need to separate fantasy from reality and stop whining. I really hate that, especially since I work very hard to reconcile my versions of what the world should be with what is... and am consequently depressed about it. I think the world should be either perfect or full of chaos... really, most anything would be better than what it is to me. I suppose I could just go find some chaos somewhere...

I keep waiting to wake up in a pod plugged in as the machine's energy source, the world I knew a construct to keep us under control... not far from the truth, I suspect.

Now that I've whined about my nice but boring life, I shall go listen to Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" ... XD

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 1:35 am

Lecks wrote:
Henriksson wrote:
Life is but a stage, all the men and women merely players. Except the guy selling popcorn.

Then what/who makes up the audience?

People that watch too much tv/choose passive existence over living.

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 3:14 am

Is my life boring? Yes. I need to get out and experience it, but I currently lack the motivation.

Saspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jun 2009, 6:36 am

I have never found life boring. There are so many interesting books to read, songs to listen to and places to go (I guess that sounds cliche). I'll never get everything I want done. Also I have a few hobbies I get immense enjoyment out of (scuba diving, computers and taking photos underwater) and I have the money and time to pursue them. I also have a long term partner who I get on very well with and I like my job. Even when I was being bullied and had other problems in my youth, I still found life interesting as I could lose myself in just my thoughts for ages, or a good book, or by listening to my favourite music. I am pretty motivated though when it comes to going out and doing things that I want to do.

littlegreengamer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Oct 2015, 5:15 pm

Yes, life is boring. It gets even more boring as I get older. I lived to be 30 and I completely regret it. Life loses its meaning and value with each year that passes.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 6:10 pm

No, I absolutely do not want life to be more like TV in regards to those kinds of thrills. I hate danger and avoid dangerous situations as best I can.

Relationships (I take relationship to include all close relationships here, not just romantic relationships) is one, probably the most important thing in life. Loved ones are what give my life meaning and content.

I get all the emotional thrills I want from my interests. Reading a good book/ watching a good series/movie is exciting to me. Getting really hooked on a game is fun. Just thinking about my interests makes me feel good.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 6:22 pm

It depends on what you consider "boring". Much of my life as been a little too "interesting".

I do not want to be in one of those depressing fictional places where the main characters are living in a crapsack world where everything is trying to kill them. The real world is crapsack enough with all kinds of things trying to kill me.

For years I have wanted to be like... Disney's Sleeping Beauty.

Because Aurora is asleep in the castle where she is safe and protected, unaware of all the evil and chaos that's happening right at that moment, along with all the other people who were put to sleep as well. And when she finally awakes the villain has been defeated, the land is at peace, and everyone lives happily ever after. Although if I were her, I would have told the good fairies I wanted my dress to be purple instead of pink or blue.

I wish I could be put under a sleeping spell where I don't wake up until there is no more war and murder and bullying and stupid people in the world. Of course that means I may never awaken. Oh well. :roll:

littlegreengamer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Oct 2015, 6:52 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
It depends on what you consider "boring". Much of my life as been a little too "interesting".

I do not want to be in one of those depressing fictional places where the main characters are living in a crapsack world where everything is trying to kill them. The real world is crapsack enough with all kinds of things trying to kill me.

For years I have wanted to be like... Disney's Sleeping Beauty.

Because Aurora is asleep in the castle where she is safe and protected, unaware of all the evil and chaos that's happening right at that moment, along with all the other people who were put to sleep as well. And when she finally awakes the villain has been defeated, the land is at peace, and everyone lives happily ever after. Although if I were her, I would have told the good fairies I wanted my dress to be purple instead of pink or blue.

I wish I could be put under a sleeping spell where I don't wake up until there is no more war and murder and bullying and stupid people in the world. Of course that means I may never awaken. Oh well. :roll:

I'm with you on that. The world is such a disgusting place. I almost wish it never existed. That's why I love sleeping.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2015, 2:45 am

raisedbyignorance wrote:
lemme rephrase it "Do you find the common way of life boring?"

yep

Quote:
Dont you think that it's a bit dull that most of are gonna do nothing with our life but experience relationship drama, get a dull 9-5 job then get married and have kids to add to the relationship drama until we're all rotting dead old people?

yep, except for my one passion. if i could get a job doing that then it wouldn't seem quite as pointless.

Quote:
Dont you wish life was a little more like TV? I mean sure there's greater risk of getting killed (if TV shows were more like real life) but at least I would be going on more thrilling adventures depending on the genre. It's depressing to think that alot of those primetime scripted do not represent reality.

whenever i walk out of the movie theater, i always have that moment of disappointment that real life is so horrible, because in the theater i get so drawn into the alternate universe in the screen that to switch from the better reality to the sh***y one is a shock.

movies are like a drug for the psyche. they make everything seem so awesome and thrilling, but it's actually not.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Oct 2015, 2:44 pm

I find it boring at times. Nothing really for me to do, nowhere to fit in. How do I pass the time? I have found collecting. Also, when you have fun time goes by pretty fast and so another day can be had with the possibility of no boredom.

If I'm really, really bored I just go to sleep. :skull:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2015, 2:54 pm

Quote:
Do you find life boring?

Painfully so..

I've actually had to learn how to be bored especially since becoming an adult or else I think I would have been dead a long time ago or at least have some kind of malfunctioning liver.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2015, 3:13 pm

i find the idea of boredom fascinating and i am happy that there are so many bored people to inspect.
boredom is a funny thing to see in people.
i can not help but laugh when i see people who are bored.
i do not know why and that also makes me laugh.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2015, 3:14 pm

^^Glad to be of service.^

b9
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2015, 3:22 pm

nothing to do with you was my post

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2015, 9:50 pm

not really, I find certain aspects of my life boring, but I think of it kind of like a rest from the intensity of the interesting aspects. maybe correlated with stimming (as most nt people would say this is a boring activity) to help neutralize overstimulation.

although I am very interested in alternative spaces of existing, which is why I'm currently working on constructing a fantastic place (and therefore making it a reality).