Worst meltdown you have ever had in your WHOLE life

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 4:12 pm

Can't remember. But I did have a pretty bad one when I was 12, that was my last explosive public one. Now I only get small implosive things at home, but last year there was this change that I usually dread and all the day through school I just kept hiding in the toilets crying all day.

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 6:27 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
Smashing a glass bottle(it was some kind of juice I had from lunch) over the head of a kid that was picking on me on the bus one to many times back in middle school. I usually am never violent but if you keep pushing someone, eventually, they are going to reach their limit. I guess that's all if you would call that a meltdown. I don't know if it was because I didn't yell, I did it very fast and a walked off the bus calmly and into the principal's office to turn myself in. Surprisingly, I wasn't suspended, just office detentions for two weeks.

That reminds me of the time I swung an aluminum folding chair at a kid's head during band class when he'd been teasing me for some reason. (I didn't actually hit him. Couldn't get enough heft behind it.) The class was run by the assistant director and he'd been "letting us have time to warm up" -- ie: sitting in the band office yapping with the other assistant. When the chair went flying, he calmly came out and started class. He knew the guy picked on me all the time, so I guess he figured the kid had it coming. The guy never picked on me again, though. :lol:

I'm not sure that's really a meltdown, either, though. I did have one where I banged my fists on the wall and shrieked for about half an hour when my sister kept trying to argue about politics with me after I'd told her I was stressed and didn't want to talk about anything like that, I just wanted to watch television. Then, after aggressively goading me into a meltdown, she tried to tell me I needed to see a psychiatrist to get medication for my depression and anger issues!

Regards,

Patricia

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 6:43 pm

My one doesn't really count as a meltdown, more just stress, but I'll post it anyway.

I was about to start a course at a local community college....and the idea of the change in my general life routines shook me up like you wouldn't believe. My adrenaline level was elevated non stop. I was constantly hyperventilating and sleeping 2-3 hours per night. I made myself physically sick due to the stress. I ended up puking.

And I didn't know how to tell anyone what was wrong, so all my poor mother knew was that her daughter was ash white with massive dilated pupils, and had started puking her guts up.

Dilemma
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 May 2009, 4:22 am

I don't have major meltdowns but i think the last worst one i had was when i was pregnant and the bird (who is extremely loud and i am sensitive to noise) got onto the floor, kept screaming and running away from me, he was still a baby and i needed to get him back to the cage.

I ended up with every loud thing on in the apartment (fans, TV, stereo etc.) in the bathroom, in a ball, covering my ears, sobbing, i bite/scratch myself when i get like that.

I just realized how bad that actually was. It took me several days to get over that once i had stopped melting down, noone quite understood how bad i felt and everyone laughed when i talked about what happened (in an attempt to get support) i assume at the absurdity of the bird causing such a major reaction, even when i explained how loud he is they found it funny (???) still don't get that.

This was well before the idea i was AS even came up.

I have to say, WP is putting so many things into perspective for me... i didn't think i had meltdowns when i started this post.