Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 6:51 am

marshall wrote:
Okay. I have the urge to go off on a philosophical tangent here.

I think it's wrong to categorize all thinking in terms of an epic battle between logic and emotion. Why can't someone have both? You don't need to be a robot to think logically and not all emotionally driven people are illogical.

No one's innermost desires/drives can be attributed to reason alone. People who try to do this are either confused, mislead, or intellectually dishonest IMO.

I absolutely agree. It's (illogically) reductive to force an either/or choice. It's like the old nature/nurture debate. Whether people are NT, Aspie or something else, emotion and logic are at play in everybody's decisions.

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2009, 8:44 am

i dont know, honestly, more recently allot of the NT's i have seen show lack of logic? They almost choose to be in lack of terms " dumb ", i dont understand it, and when i try to help them they yell at me or get angry at me, so i let them screw up, and then they get angry because i didnt warn them?

Albert Einstein

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 8:58 am

Bozewani wrote:
This is a very blunt and direct question Do they?

logic comes along with language. Any one who can think abstractly has logic. That includes NTs and Aspies. Only severely injured or ret*d humans are devoid of logic.

ruveyn

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 9:05 am

Yes, I agree, but it does seem like certain individuals have a refined sense of logic. It's weird, but, sometimes what's logical makes no sense to me. I wonder if it's possible for the logical to be the inverse of itself? Logic becomes negative logic and thus a deficit. You can, theoretically, have negative numbers.

Eller
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 11:51 am

Logic doesn't have anything to do with being AS or NT. Of course NT people have logic. This thread is absurd.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 11:54 am

Eller wrote:
Logic doesn't have anything to do with being AS or NT. Of course NT people have logic. This thread is absurd.

+1

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 12:00 pm

Janissy wrote:
marshall wrote:
Okay. I have the urge to go off on a philosophical tangent here.

I think it's wrong to categorize all thinking in terms of an epic battle between logic and emotion. Why can't someone have both? You don't need to be a robot to think logically and not all emotionally driven people are illogical.

No one's innermost desires/drives can be attributed to reason alone. People who try to do this are either confused, mislead, or intellectually dishonest IMO.

I absolutely agree. It's (illogically) reductive to force an either/or choice. It's like the old nature/nurture debate. Whether people are NT, Aspie or something else, emotion and logic are at play in everybody's decisions.

The false dichotomy really annoys me because I see myself as being logical as well as emotional. I'm an INTP so my thinking tends to be logically oriented, yet I'm still very sensitive to beauty. Extremely unsentimental down-to-earth types with rigid adherence to facts and practicality make me feel :tired:. Crusty stale people. I'm not like them at all.

I even view logic itself as having an aesthetic quality. I can see beauty in mathematical proofs, like the beauty of a machine where all the parts have a specific purpose and work together flawlessly.