Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Andoras
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2016, 1:37 pm

I found this interesting article on the internet about scientist found that Earth is the mix of the aincent Earth and a small planet called Theia which crushed into it and our moon is a part of the mix too which had tore out during the crash. 8O

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ear ... 80b2450fd2

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 5:45 pm

Not just a wild guess, it's pretty much the accepted theory of how our moon was formed.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 9:43 pm

Sorry, that had the wrong tone. I meant to say that yes, it is interesting and actually pretty amazing! :)

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 12:05 pm

Andoras wrote:
I found this interesting article on the internet about scientist found that Earth is the mix of the aincent Earth and a small planet called Theia which crushed into it and our moon is a part of the mix too which had tore out during the crash. 8O

Yes, and one day the Theians will emerge from their hibernation chambers and come for us all. (They're ticked. Earth.1 was driving on the wrong side of the road.)

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 2:37 pm

Sethno wrote:
Andoras wrote:

Yes, and one day the Theians will emerge from their hibernation chambers and come for us all. (They're ticked. Earth.1 was driving on the wrong side of the road.)

Oh, that would make for a great book series. Please....just don't let JJ Abrams do the movie!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 4:31 pm

A minor hypothesis that is gaining ground is that if Thea had not struck the Earth, not only would there be no Moon, but there would be few dense metals near the Earth's surface.

Try to imaging our civilization if there were no readily-available elements heavier than Calcium ... no Iron ... no Copper ... no Silver, Gold, or Uranium ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 1:47 pm

No bronze age...or any other. We'd be stuck in the stone age forever.

On a similar topic, my oldest child and I have been discussing lately how all life on earth could be seen as one organism with varying forms & how even the human body is really a co-op of various life forms working together. Why should our planet not be a hybrid, too? ;-)