funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 5:42 pm

colliegrace wrote:
whatever plane the Blue Angels fly

Currently that's the Super Bug:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_F/ ... per_Hornet

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 6:15 pm

Biplanes are nice. Watched a yellow one take off from Swansea Airport and it took off vertically while the wind was against it. It hardly needed any forward motion to take off! It was amazing!
Sadly I later found out the biplane had crashed so could no longer fly.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 3:45 pm

California is full of biplane crop dusters. And of course there are replicas of classic biplanes too.

You probably took your eyes off of the plane just before it crashed.

The era at the end of WWII and at the start of the Cold War was full of odd ball planes.

The "Army Air Corps" of the US Army became the "US Airforce" in 1947.

It was then that the US deployed the Convair "B36 Peace Maker". A plane that not only dwarfed the Flying Fortress that came before it but was slightly larger than the B 52 that succeeded it.

Mom said "when we lived in San Diego I would see them land on a airfield on top of a cliff...when flew by it was like watching a whole city block fly by".

It had six piston props (but they pointed backwards) AND it had four jet engines...on the same plane!

"Six turnin' and four burnin".

Even weirder than the Soviet Bear.

Here Jimmy Stewart (who actually served in the Army Aircorps in WW2) and colonel Potter show us one.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 3:26 am

elotepreparado wrote:
Who has a favorite plane? Which planes do y'all like?

My favorite is series of commercial aircraft called the MD-80 from DC-9 series. I don't know exactly why I like it more than other commercial aircraft since it is old and not efficient. I am just obsessed with the look and want to know whatever I can about it.

One of my favorite planes has always been the Boeing 737.

IloveSkye
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm

Mine is the SR-71 Blackbird. I love how it seems like it would be the giraffe of the planes even if it's a military plane.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 9:26 pm

C-7 A sky monster, also (Stearman Biplane) from, early WW2, Trainer Personal experience,once upon a time. .. DC3 , Twin engine VeitNam Era.
Beech 18.. WW1 tiger Moth trainer., WW1 Fokker Eindecker, Fokker Triplane. ( Red Baron plane). Dehavilland DH-4,
WW1 scout plane....C-130, My late hubbys , plane in Veit Nam. And during his early career then, Was a F4 Phantom driver .During Early Veit Nam.. And have a distinct weakness for many Biplanes, even Replica ones , looking like WW1 air craft, besides previous ones mentioned. Even (OffTopic) Blimp air raft . And even love watching hot air balloons.
And a few ultralight Aircraft. even AG cats ,, (field crop Sprayers.) look weird enough to be included . B-1 bomber., It
Is sleek.. :ninja: Sorry wish could provide , the Lovely Aircraft.pictures they were quite.fanciful to me .Enjoy a great number of aircraft . :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Last edited by Jakki on 21 Apr 2024, 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 11:33 pm

elotepreparado wrote:
I am rather partial to the Cartesian plane myself.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 2:30 am

^^^^^^. Lolzzz. ^^^^^ .......... :D
hmmm.. Left out the XB-70 ......... what Model Cartesean 8O ....Turboprop or Jet aircraft type..or just Plain 2 dimensional type ...Lolololzzz

where ever you go ,there you are

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 6:15 am

Fnord wrote:
elotepreparado wrote:
I am rather partial to the Cartesian plane myself.

I prefer the "fruited planes".

Ya know...the ones mentioned in "America the beautiful".

When grade school children illustrate the song with crayons they often draw flying airplanes ...with grapes hanging from them.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 6:18 am

IloveSkye wrote:
Mine is the SR-71 Blackbird. I love how it seems like it would be the giraffe of the planes even if it's a military plane.

Thats a rather bad-ass looking plane.

And it was meant to be the successor to the U2 as a spy plane.

And there was even a 21st century rock band that called itself "SR 71" (presumably because thought of themselves as the successor to the venerable Irish band "U2"). But after a couple of hits they kinda disappeared.