Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

b9
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 4:24 am

evidence of time travel is revealed by my clock that shows that in the last hour, i have moved forward in time by one hour.

if there was no such thing as time travel, then time would not exist except for a perpetual instant.

everything travels through time.

but it is not possible to go back. i can not be bothered explaining why but it's not possible.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 4:29 am

b9 wrote:
but it is not possible to go back. i can not be bothered explaining why but it's not possible.

father time has made it impossible for our own benefit. he doesn't want us to gouge our own eyes out, when we see how foolish we were when we were younger.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 4:44 am

well if someone physically is inserted into a time where they were not in a location, they will be obliterated by the impossibility of displacing every atom from their place of arrival so they can fit in it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 4:49 am

there's a lot of empty space out there.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 5:01 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
there's a lot of empty space out there.

all space contains what is known as "background radiation" which is a stream of particles that is evidence of the big bang.
and if one is transported to a true void, how long would it take to get to where they want to be?

i think if any prospect of retrospective time travel is possible, then it would have to transport only the consciousness (which has no substance) otherwise there would have to be an instantaneous displacement of substance to accomodate the body of the traveler, and no matter how sparse the area of substance it would be a cataclysmic event to have a movement of particles in a zero mount of time. infinite acceleration etc.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 7:46 pm

b9 wrote:

i think if any prospect of retrospective time travel is possible, then it would have to transport only the consciousness (which has no substance)........

Consciousness is a physical processes that is carried out by physical matter acting according to physical laws.

It is very material. It is one hundred percent physical.