Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 2:06 am

Main character in "Pi" shows some Aspie traits, though it seems more to lean towards a physical brain disorder in the end.

Also, the main character in "Paper Heart," perhaps?

PurpleOctober
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

Definitely Lisbeth Salander from "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo".
Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter.

AQ Score: 42

Aspie Quiz: 178/200

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 12:13 pm

Luna is considered legitimately crazy. I fancy her, though.

PurpleOctober
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2012, 1:18 pm

Bun wrote:
Luna is considered legitimately crazy. I fancy her, though.

"Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am..."

I don't know that I would call Luna crazy, per se. Eccentric, yes, but she has a good head on her shoulders and got into Ravenclaw, which is the house for the really smart kids, and grows up to be the magical equivalent of an environmentalist.

AQ Score: 42

Aspie Quiz: 178/200

TheFerretHadToGo
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2012, 9:53 am

Kaspar in The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser, by Werner Herzog.
He´s definately more of a LFA, but I connected to his way of reasoning.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

TheFerretHadToGo wrote:

In real life, people who knew Kaspar Hauser were convinced he was nothing but a liar and a con man who had concocted his whole story about a strange man raising him in seclusion, then seeking to murder him. Most modern day psychologists also have come to the same conclusion. And his fatal wounds may have been self-inflicted - by which he might have accidentally stabbed himself too deep while trying to create physical evidence to back up his story.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

TheFerretHadToGo
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2012, 4:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TheFerretHadToGo wrote:

In real life, people who knew Kaspar Hauser were convinced he was nothing but a liar and a con man who had concocted his whole story about a strange man raising him in seclusion, then seeking to murder him. Most modern day psychologists also have come to the same conclusion. And his fatal wounds may have been self-inflicted - by which he might have accidentally stabbed himself too deep while trying to create physical evidence to back up his story.

You´re absoulutely right. Herzog took lots of liberties in his portrayal of Kaspar. One might say it´s a bad habit of Herzog´s to change facts in order to make a story more interesting. Those of his documentaries I´ve seen were full of obvious falsehoods, to the extent that I started wondering if the whole thing wasn´t just made up (especially Grizzly Man).
But what I was getting at was that in Herzog´s portrayal of Kaspar Hauser I think he comes of as autistic. Do you agree?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 8:24 pm

TheFerretHadToGo wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
TheFerretHadToGo wrote:

You´re absoulutely right. Herzog took lots of liberties in his portrayal of Kaspar. One might say it´s a bad habit of Herzog´s to change facts in order to make a story more interesting. Those of his documentaries I´ve seen were full of obvious falsehoods, to the extent that I started wondering if the whole thing wasn´t just made up (especially Grizzly Man).
But what I was getting at was that in Herzog´s portrayal of Kaspar Hauser I think he comes of as autistic. Do you agree?

I've actually never seen the movie, but I know a little about Hauser; and I know that many people have perceived him to be.
I also admit, I like Herzog quite a bit, too (even if he does play with the truth from time to time). I remember one time while giving an outdoor interview in England, someone shot him below the belt. He wanted the interview to go on, explaining that it had just been a small small caliber bullet. I gotta figure, either this guy is also an Aspie, or he's the most German guy in the world (which I can say, as my family is very German)!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 4:39 am

i can't believe nobody mentioned george mcfly in B2TF#1.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 10:22 am

auntblabby wrote:

I must admit, I forgot about him, too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 1:21 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

when i first saw that movie when it came out in '85, i saw george mcfly up on the screen and immediately thought, "THAT'S ME!" i was in the army at the time, and at my duty station i was ribbed about that character, with other GIs asking me "when did you find the time to act in that movie?" or calling me george mcfly. this ribbing was even worse than when "kiss of the spider woman" came out.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 1:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

when i first saw that movie when it came out in '85, i saw george mcfly up on the screen and immediately thought, "THAT'S ME!" i was in the army at the time, and at my duty station i was ribbed about that character, with other GIs asking me "when did you find the time to act in that movie?" or calling me george mcfly. this ribbing was even worse than when "kiss of the spider woman" came out.

I'm afraid I've never seen Kiss Of The Spider Woman. That has an Aspie-ish character in it?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 2:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm afraid I've never seen Kiss Of The Spider Woman. That has an Aspie-ish character in it?

yes, AFAIC, one who was high-functioning and in active denial of his inner dweeb. it also had a gay character who "turns" the aspie character.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 3:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

yes, AFAIC, one who was high-functioning and in active denial of his inner dweeb. it also had a gay character who "turns" the aspie character.

I shall have to see it!

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Feb 2012, 3:19 am

Since we already have 3 threads where this is mentioned briefly...the driver from Drive appears to be an introverted aspie.
He seems unknowing about social situations, he's very unexpressive (voice, body language, facial gestures..etc.), he's got someone who takes care of him like a guardian , he's got routines and rules(e.g. 5 minutes), he's very good to exceptional with everything related to cars, he doesn't seem to have a social life or friends (apart from his boss), he treats the kid differently than most would, when Standard was jealous of him he seemed as if he didn't understand it and Standard accepted him because of it as trustworthy, he doesn't converse normally with other people and he only seems comfortable and in touch with himself when driving, he had a jacket which seemed old and he took it off rarely, he often chews on a toothpick and finally: sometimes you get the impression that the movie was shot from his perspective, the camera focuses on certain things that are in the driver's view and doesn't pay attention to other things happening until he notices them (which must not mean anything at all but I thought it was intresting anyway).

simplisticseth
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 May 2012, 11:12 pm

Michelle Flaherty and Paul Finch from "American Pie" both have symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome.

Also, Doc from "West Side Story", Raymond from "Rain Main", and Ed from "Good Burger" may have it because they show signs of it.