Page 571 of 1263 [ 20197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 568, 569, 570, 571, 572, 573, 574 ... 1263  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 3:43 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
^I preferred it over the original.

I concur.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 4:50 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
not a person who watches movies often, so sitting through fellowship of the ring, fantasia, wizard of oz, hunt for red october, alice in wonderland and having just finished independence day in about two weeks was a big change. i guess i liked all of them even though i am quite terrible at following films.

they are all on VHS. my sister mocks me for being "hipster" and "indie" when the reality is simply that they are cheap as hell, for no one else wants them, and the difference in quality is negligible to me personally compared to DVD and watching them in multiple sittings is easier.

[the DVDs are equally as cheap, but the store's particular selection doesn't interest me as much]

I grew up at the tail end of the VHS era so I have a certain amount of nostalgia for the format myself. Interestingly, I remember my old high school continuing to use VHS for many of the films in its archives, since they couldn't legally transfer them to DVD. There's just something about watching a worn out old tape that was recorded off someone's TV in the 90s with all those weird, wonderful artifacts. And I agree, for watching a film in multiple sittings, VHS is MUCH more convenient since you can actually stop at any time and pick up where you left off, unlike DVDs where you have to sit through copyright warnings and navigate dumb menus every time you want to watch.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 9:37 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
The Alamo (2004 film)

I really liked this film when I saw it. Billy Bob Thornton is good in it.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 10:06 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
The Alamo (2004 film)

Makes me wonder why it was such a huge flop at the box office.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 2:04 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
The Alamo (2004 film)

When the diary of a Mexican officer, who had been at the Alamo, revealed that Davy Crockett had survived the battle to be executed under Santa Anna's orders, they had to shoot a new scene of Crockett's execution, as they had him originally dying in battle like in the John Wayne version.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 9:16 pm

In the Shadows

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 May 2016, 2:23 am

Watched this movie 'Bone Tomahawk' on Amazon Prime

My god it was brutal, was not expecting that level of gore. I thought it was going to be just a normal western when I turned it on, I've seen some pretty disturbing movies in my time but I was not expecting this.

jfc_csc
Raven
Raven

27 May 2016, 1:43 pm

8 1/2

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 1:52 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:
The Alamo (2004 film)

Makes me wonder why it was such a huge flop at the box office.

me too!

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 9:17 pm

I went and saw Alice through the looking glass yesterday.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 10:05 pm

Blade II and The Pelican Brief.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 1:13 am

I recently found Dario Argento's "Phenoma" (under the American release title "Creepers") on YouTube and watched it. It was as visually interesting as most Argento films are. Visually interesting, but lacking in coherent plot, decent dialogue, and character development. Oh well, still enjoyed it :D.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 1:55 am

lidsmichelle wrote:
Visually interesting, but lacking in coherent plot, decent dialogue, and character development.

In other words, Argento. Brilliant colors, though. What do you think of his edit of Dawn of the Dead? I don't think it's as good as the proper cut, but part of me wishes I could see an Argento edit of any movie.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 3:40 am

HighLlama wrote:
lidsmichelle wrote:
Visually interesting, but lacking in coherent plot, decent dialogue, and character development.

In other words, Argento. Brilliant colors, though. What do you think of his edit of Dawn of the Dead? I don't think it's as good as the proper cut, but part of me wishes I could see an Argento edit of any movie.

Yeah, that's Argento films for you. I don't think I've seen that, I'll have to look it up. I've only seen Suspiria, Inferno, Phenomena/Creepers, and a phenomenally bad Phantom of the Opera movie that I'm entirely glad I didn't know was his until after I saw Suspiria years later lol.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 5:08 am

Rear Window

Aprilviolets wrote:
I went and saw Alice through the looking glass yesterday.

What did you think of it?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 8:36 am

The Brothers Grimsby.
I thought it was funny.