Guardians of the Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Avengers: Age of Ultron 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Ant-Man 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 3:05 pm

Iron Man 3 - Better than Iron Man 2, certainly more action packed than the previous two but the story is bizarre in the choices it makes. Particularly with the villain not being Ben Kingsley and some other business guy in a suit.

Thor: The Dark World - While it's not god awful by any means it kinda feels like a bore at times. Not to mention there is too much focus on Natalie Portman and her friends and less of Loki and Thor's friends. The villain is also completely forgettable and The Dark World is more like The Dull World. Personally I consider this my least favourite MCU movie.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - A major improvement over Thor: The Dark World and even better than the first Cap movie. The story is great, the action is spot on, Cap is more developed than he was in both the first movie and Avengers and Black Widow was at her best.

Guardians of the Galaxy - A goofy and fun over the top movie that's a little smarter than it looks and sounds with memorable and likable characters. The action is great and so is the humor. The only things I didn't like were the opening before the Marvel logo showed up and another boring main villain but those are nitpicks.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - It's pretty good from start to finish but it lacks the wow factor of the original. The characters are all still very likable and the action is still cool (Hulkbuster Iron Man vs Hulk is the best fight) though to be fair most of the good is oddly enough when they are just sitting and talking like the party scene. The new Avengers aren't particularly that exciting and Ultron is just some other generic villain and there are some scenes that just seem to build up to future movies that don't seem needed and distract from the story.

Ant-Man - While it certainly is a smaller story compared to a lot of the others and uses a lot of familiar tropes it still manages to pay off. The story while familiar is good and the cast of characters are likable, some more than others. The visual effects are pretty great in giving us a different look at the world from a small scale.

So as to which is my favourite? Well I know most people would choose Guardians of the Galaxy I would actually go with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Guardians is a ton of fun but Winter Soldier is more engaging. Ant-Man would be my third followed by Age of Ultron then Iron Man 3 and coming in dead last is Thor: The Dark World.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 3:46 pm

In no particular order:

Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Guardians of the Galaxy

Iron Man 3

Ant-Man

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Thor: The Dark World

KyleTheGhost