Page 418 of 420 [ 6707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420  Next

LittleBeach
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 May 2024, 6:02 am

I watched episode 1 of The Gathering on Channel 4 (UK). It’s very good so far

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2024, 10:38 am

Watched the first two episodes of Knuckles with my step cousin.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

angelsonthemoon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2024, 11:17 am

Round The Twist

The Cabbage Patch Fib - Definitely one of the better episodes. After the youngest son is told babies come from cabbage patches, he goes to one and finds a green baby. He winds up having to act as the parent for a while. The ending is memorable, and I like the theme of children learning how to tough it is to raise kids.

Spaghetti Pig Out - The first episode I didn't finish. It was frantic, loud, and random even for this show.

Santa Claws - The idea that there are actually many Santas was unique. As was Santa giving two wishes. Other than that, it was an okay episode.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2024, 6:27 pm

Firefly Lane (2021) on Netflix

Season 1, episodes 1 through 10

The story of two women, best friends since middle school. Each episode, through season 1, jumps to various points in their life. Honestly, I was a bit confused during the first three episode. Even by episode 10, I was not 100% certain what point in their lives it was depicting. Was it the present or sometime in the past? Middle school was easy. Two younger actors played the girls. As adults, Tully was played by Katherine Heigl. Kate is played by Sarah Chalke. I would give this two out of three stars. I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. I liked the story about the lives of two best friends over the years. For me, the actual story was not that compelling. I know it is just me. Others might enjoy it more, or a bit less.

I started watching this in 2021, but I only watched fifteen minutes of episode 1. I was watching other things as well, at that time.

There is a season 2, but I'm not sure it has my attention enough to continue. I don't find it that compelling. There were ten episodes for season 1. There are sixteen in season 2.

YouTube: Firefly Lane | Official Trailer | Netflix

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2024, 7:16 pm

The girls try to pull an all-nighter to make a gift for Chika's sister Nobue but get more distracted with trying to stay awake than accomplishing anything.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2024, 7:07 pm

Glitch

Season 1 yesterday. (6 episodes)
Season 2 today. (6 episodes) Watching the last two minutes of six at this moment (while I type)

This is another series that has been in my queue for a long time. I really am enjoying it.

I hope to watch season 3 tomorrow, after I go to the grocery store, and after I watch Formula 1 Free Practice 1 and 2. It's in Monaco.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2024, 12:44 am

Rebus on BBC iPlayer

It's dead good. You should watch it

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2024, 2:02 am

The one where Chika is busy with homework so they decide Matsuri will be the straight man. She's not a very funny straight man. Nobue falls over and gets soaked while trying to buy smokes. She tries to take a bath to get warmed up but the hot water heater is busted so she takes everyone to the public bath.

Miu builds a fall trap with a basket, Nobue and Chika tell her she can't catch anything without bait. Clumsy Matsuri stumbles while taking off her sock and falls into the trap. Nobue mistakes Ana's hand soap for shampoo and borrows it before Ana can correct her.

Miu farts, it's terrible.

Matsuri falls again while changing. Nobue comments on how British shampoo smells different.

On the way home they get snowed on.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2024, 10:48 am

Last night we finished watching our way through Wednesday Season 1:

Very good!   Recommended! 

We're looking forward to Season 2.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2024, 4:25 pm

South Park: The End of Obesity.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2024, 9:41 pm

Watched season 3 of Glitch.

I'm not sure I enjoyed the third season as much as the first and second. The ending was okay. That's my fault. I kept thinking in terms of good guys/bad guys and the script seemed to encourage that until tried to flip everything around and then there were no bad guys, except for the few that died. I may not have been in a mood to have so many characters flip-flop between likable and unlikable.

Season 1 and 2 had a mystery about them. Season 3 was not mysterious, in my opinion.

I can remove it from my Netflix list.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2024, 10:34 pm

I binged random episodes of Parenthood.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 5:49 pm

The first season of Home Movies. I love this show so much. It's so witty.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 6:11 pm

Doctor Who (2023/2024)

Okay. This was confusing for me, but just a little. I'm watching it on Disney. It is the new Ncuti Gatwa episodes. IMDB lists it as Season 1.

I need to find out about this. Did Disney buy Doctor Who? It's still BBC, but why is it not season 14?

Episode 0 (IMDB number) - The Church on Ruby Road
Christmas episode.

Episode 1- Space Babies
The doctor lands on a satellite and finds a baby farm run by... Babies. The adults left when the parent company had to make budget cuts. There is one adult, and the babies only know her as Nanny. Below the level where the babies live there is a creature. The Bogeyman.

I have enjoyed these episodes. I realized while watching these, especially the Christmas episode, the intended audience is not a [nearly] 65 year old American male. The show has clothing, and music that are definitely a little foreign to me. It's not just because it is British. I think the show has aimed its sonic screwdriver squarely at the youth of today. That's okay.

I like the new Doctor. He is going to wear himself out. Full o energy.
His companion is named Ruby Sunday. Not Tuesday. She was born on Christmas Eve, and it was a Sunday and she was left on the steps of a church on Ruby Road.

The next episode is called The Devil's Chord. I know a little (very little) about it because it was featured in Doctor Who Magazine.

--- A bit later ---
I looked up Doctor Who on Wikipedia and they refer to it as series 14. That makes sense. Has IMDB been bought by Disney?

By the way. In The Devils Chord, the Doctor and Ruby go back to 1963 to see The Beatles record their first album. I accept that the actor are NOT going to look like the fab four, but John Lennon did NOT wear his round wire rimmed glasses in 1963. He wore horn rim glasses. (I'll adjust. I'll adjust. I'll adjust. I'll adjust.)
By the way, George Martin resembles George Martin.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 8:58 pm

Doctor Who's Disney Era Is Doing Both What You Feared & What You Wanted

It sounds like the season numbering is Disney but Doctor Who canon is still thre.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 2:42 am

Last Week Tonight With John Oliver.