Page 2 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

dimensionaltraveler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Dec 2006, 2:14 am

Scarface and Escape from New York. I like the characters Tony Montana and Snake Plesskin.

Last edited by dimensionaltraveler on 25 Dec 2006, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lemmiwinks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Dec 2006, 4:24 am

Louise wrote:
I love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, too! :) I found the part with the blank faces slightly disturbing, though. :?

jnet wrote:
Lemmiwinks wrote:
Mine is "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".

Yay! Me too! I've seen it a half a dozen times at least, and love it each time.

Kosmonaut wrote:
I too like 'Eternal Sunshine', took me two viewings to understand the plot though.
(Noting the colour of Kate Winslet's hair was the key.)

If you liked this, i recommend:

Magnolia & Punch Drunk Love

Jim Carrey is much under-rated as a 'serious' actor: i think his performance as Andy Kaufmann in 'Man On The Moon' is a tour-de-force.

Wouldn't say 'Eternal' was anywhere near my favourite ever, but i would put 'Magnolia' close.

Hooray for "Eternal Sunshine"! !!

P.S. for Kosmonaut- I did not like Punch Drunk Love too much...I found it a little too creepy, with the whole phone sex thing......but I have not seen Magnolia, I will have to check it out.

P.S. for everyone - You should see "The Fountain", very original movie. It was just in theatres a bit ago, you might have to wait for video.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 1:49 pm

The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Fountain (I agree Lemmiwinks, it's wonderful and poetic!), Me And You And Everyone We Know, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Matrix (the first one), Lord of the Rings trilogy, Sleepy Hollow, Underworld, Unleashed, Strings, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead II, Mirrormask, Kung Fu Hustle, Hulk, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, X-Men trilogy, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, V for Vendetta, Spaceballs, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Jacob's Ladder, A Scanner Darkly, The Incredibles, Hellboy, A Very Long Engagement, The Triplets of Belleville, Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas), Bram Stoker's Dracula, Mozart and the Whale, The City of Lost Children

Cowgirlchic23
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2006, 9:30 pm

My Longest running favorites have to be, "Annie," "Summer Rental," "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and "PeeWee's Big Adventure." I have been watching these movies since I was REALLY little and I still watch them now. However I do have a LOOOOOONG list of movies that I love but it would take FOREVER to list them all.

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2006, 9:46 pm

Has anyone here seen Amelie? I found it ... 'fun' is probably the best word for it.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 10:14 pm

Louise wrote:
Has anyone here seen Amelie? I found it ... 'fun' is probably the best word for it.

It's a great film. Had I not been in such a rotten mood when I watched it, it might have gone on my list of favorites. As it is, I still adored it, which says something.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2006, 10:29 pm

Veresae wrote:
Bram Stoker's Dracula

I love that movie! I cried hysterically during it.

dimensionaltraveler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Dec 2006, 1:32 am

You cannot forget Revenge of the Nerds

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 6:02 pm

My favorites are Balto, I Heart Huckabees and The Lost Boys (The 80's vampire flick). Others worth mentioning are Motorama, Waydowntown, Waking Life, Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 6:22 pm

My favorite movie of this year: Running Scared with Paul Walker, that just owned from top to bottom.

As far as an absolute favorite of all time sorry, can't to it because there's too many dimensions and angles.

Some stuff I'd rank as just way up there and really good IMO:

4 Brothers
Belly
The Rock (not the wrestler, the Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage movie)
24 Hours In London
Salton Sea
Training Day
Runaway Jury
X-Men 2
Ocean's Eleven
The Italian Job
Batman Begins
Chronicles of Riddick
Swordfish
Dark City
13th Floor
Bladerunner
The Dark Crystal
Event Horizon
Gladiator
Road to Perdition
American History X
Mystic River
Bourne Identity & Supremacy

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 25 Dec 2006, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2006, 6:47 pm

Oh, Dark City! That's also a good film.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 6:59 pm

Louise wrote:
Oh, Dark City! That's also a good film.

Yeah, I also just remembered to go back and ad Event Horizon.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2006, 10:20 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
My favorite movie of this year: Running Scared with Paul Walker, that just owned from top to bottom.

Really well-made film. While I kind of hated some things about it (the seriously brutal and bloody violence and the constant threat of kids getting injured, for example), I have respect for it because it won me over despite making me cringe so much. The camerawork, the editing, the mood, the sets, etc. were all really awesome. Great acting, too, which was surprising given it starred Paul Walker--that was the performance of his career! What I really liked about "Running Scared," though, was that it was the closest anyone had come to making a movie of my beloved "Max Payne" games.

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Dark City...The Dark Crystal...American History X

All truly great films, an inch away from getting on my own favorites list.

Lemmiwinks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Dec 2006, 2:15 am

Louise wrote:

That movie is really great!! !

I was in paris for the second time a few years back, and I pretty much visited the places where a lot of those scenes where filmed....the first one was by accident....I was walking through the park where she was laying clues for the guy she was taking pictures from, and I was thinking to myself, "I have seen this before, in a movie".

Completely unrelated, they are making a new transformers movie coming out in july....I remember when I was 6, and my dad took me to see Transformers the Movie (the awesome animated one with Galvatron, Ultra-Magnus, and Unicron) and I remember crying when Optimus Prime died. :cry: :cry:

1. If life gives you poop......make poop juice.
2. Living in a Dystopian Future - right now.

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2006, 9:42 am

For me it has to be LOTR. I love trilogies, and I had read Lord of the Rings as a teenager, but I didn't remember a lot about it before I saw the movies. Now I'm a LOTR semi-geek. I've got the DVDs (special extended version, naturally), AND the BBC radio version. I've even played the trading card game, although I don't play too often.

Voxsolemnis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Dec 2006, 8:09 pm

Drama: The Red Violin
Comedy: Any of the Pink Panther Movies with Peter Sellers
Sci-Fi: Bladerunner