Page 7 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 93  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 2:10 pm

I just watched Whisper of the Heart for the first time. Certainly a good anime, but not one of my favorites from Studio Ghibli.

ETA: Today, I watched My Neighbors the Yamadas. I recommend it for anyone who has ever had a family.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

15 Oct 2013, 7:25 pm

I love watching the old Digimon animes; anybody remember them?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 8:22 pm

I liked Summer Wars, but I haven't watched the Digimon series.

Monogatari Second Season has been tearing my heart out and brutally stabbing it for the last few episodes. I feel a strange combination of eagerness and dread every week, so I haven't watched the live stream in a while. I keep putting it off.

I wish that the Japanese Anime Executives would just get over their prudishness and make another Haruhi series. I decided to wait to start reading the latest book (part 1 of the story arc) until the next one comes out (part 2), but the ones in between that haven't been animated yet were really good. We'd forgive them for the Endless Eight arc, wouldn't we?

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2013, 11:30 pm

I feel pretty bad for dub-followers of the latest Digimon series: Digimon Fusion --- barely four episodes in and already Saban confirmed that the series will jump from Nickelodeon's Nicktoons to the CW's Vortexx: http://www.sabanbrands.com/brands/digimon-fusion/

I don't know whether that's down to the quality of the dub (or the quality of Digimon Fusion's writing; it suffered from bad ratings in Japan when it aired two years ago) or Nickelodeon's "if it's not Spongebob, we won't advertise when it's actually on," scheduling policy but Ben Diskin (Shoutmon's dub voice actor) publicly complained about the low ratings Digimon Fusion has received: https://www.facebook.com/BenDiskinOffic ... 1304288249

Make of that what you will.

Otherwise, I recently dropped Coppellion (due to terrible pacing) and Sankarea --- regarding the latter, I think if you're more a fan of High School of the Dead and Is This a Zombie?, you're perfectly catered to. Otherwise, I'd avoid it as a "drama" series and put it more down to "ecchi" but with a plot.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2013, 4:44 pm

BlankCanvas wrote:
I feel pretty bad for dub-followers of the latest Digimon series: Digimon Fusion --- barely four episodes in and already Saban confirmed that the series will jump from Nickelodeon's Nicktoons to the CW's Vortexx: http://www.sabanbrands.com/brands/digimon-fusion/

I don't know whether that's down to the quality of the dub (or the quality of Digimon Fusion's writing; it suffered from bad ratings in Japan when it aired two years ago) or Nickelodeon's "if it's not Spongebob, we won't advertise when it's actually on," scheduling policy but Ben Diskin (Shoutmon's dub voice actor) publicly complained about the low ratings Digimon Fusion has received: https://www.facebook.com/BenDiskinOffic ... 1304288249

Make of that what you will.

Otherwise, I recently dropped Coppellion (due to terrible pacing) and Sankarea --- regarding the latter, I think if you're more a fan of High School of the Dead and Is This a Zombie?, you're perfectly catered to. Otherwise, I'd avoid it as a "drama" series and put it more down to "ecchi" but with a plot.

Yeah....... there needs to be more promotion for Digimon Fusion.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2013, 9:15 pm

I finished Tsuritama. I liked it for light entertainment, and the dub did not detract from my enjoyment.

I finished Bamboo Blade, more light entertainment.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2013, 2:52 pm

I wish Black Rock Shooter and Madoka were on Toonami.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2013, 2:04 am

Me and a friend are currently enjoying Gigitsune (Silver Fox) as a bit of light relief and Phantom Memory Kurau for something with a bit more meat to it.

The latter (from 2004) has turned out to be a truly hidden gem with some truly fantastic animation (BONES at their best) and a comfortably-paced intriguing plot - 2100 sees mankind hunt for a new source of energy. Such a form is found as Rynax but an accident sees Dr Amami's daughter (the titular character, Kurau) suddenly vanish. She re-appears, infused with Rynax, which turns out to be a sentient species that appears in pairs. Kurau hosts one such Rynax (which gives Kurau extraordinary abilities) but the other is too weak to manifest. A decade later however, it does so. The series then follows the extraordinary life the adult Kurau and her 12-year-old humanoid Rynax counterpart lead (whom Kurau dubs Christmas).

Phantom Memory is more of a seinen drama sci-fi, similar to Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, so if you enjoy the likes of Darker Than Black and PsychoPass, you'll be at home with this series if you were to give it a go.

Last edited by BlankCanvas on 24 Oct 2013, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

spinningpixie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Oct 2013, 9:11 am

Rurouni Kenshin (my favorite)
Witch Hunter Robin
Bleach
Trigun
Blood+
Wolf's Rain
Trinity

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 2:18 pm

I watched Howl's Moving Castle yesterday. It comes in a close second to Spirited Away in my ranking of the Studio Ghibli Releases I've seen so far.

Today, I finished Toradora. I liked it a lot!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 7:27 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Today, I finished Toradora. I liked it a lot!

Toradora is good. If you watch up to date anime there is a recent series called Golden Time that was written by the same author.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 8:34 pm

I'll check it out!

connordennen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2013, 11:28 pm

I have so many animes that I love, there's Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Butler, Eden of the East
(I wish there were more episodes :cry:), Fairy Tail, and Bleach.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 7:19 am

Have you watched the Eden of the East movies, connordennen? The two movies complete the story, and they're pretty good, IMO. I streamed them from Funimation's website.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 2:12 pm

Personally, Digimon Fusion is a nice resurrection of the Digimon franchise. I mean, it and Sailor Moon were my two faves as a pre-teen.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:32 pm

I like Golden Time so far. I especially enjoyed the cameo in the most recent episode. I'm on the last box set of that series right now.