Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

drowbot0181
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 8:46 am

Is anybody else worried that they are going to try and stuff Preacher (the comic) into a movie? While I didn't like the director they had for the HBO series (he made Ghost Rider and Daredevil), I thought that HBO was with perfect place for it. A movie is going to have to cut WAY to much out. This is a 12-issue series like Watchmen, this thing was a 66-issue story arc, with a lot that, IMHO, can't be cut out. I am also afraid that they will water it down to much, especially the anti-God stuff.
And the really big question: Who will they dupe into playing T.C.? Will the chicken incident be included? I would love to be sitting in an audience with people that haven't read the book just to see their reaction when Jesse utters that line in the middle of such a serious story about his childhood: "Then came the day T.C. ...." :P

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 6:56 am

I have only read the first collection. "Gone to Texas" I want to read it all. Just reading that, I feel it should be a ongoning series on HBO or something like that, not a one shot movie.

I had heard that James Marsden, the actor that played Cyclops in the X-men movies is a big fan of Preacher and wants to be the guy thet plays Jesse.

drowbot0181
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2009, 3:54 am

KenM wrote:
I have only read the first collection. "Gone to Texas" I want to read it all. Just reading that, I feel it should be a ongoning series on HBO or something like that, not a one shot movie.

I had heard that James Marsden, the actor that played Cyclops in the X-men movies is a big fan of Preacher and wants to be the guy thet plays Jesse.

He was actually cast as Jesse, I think, when Kevin Smith was going to make the film. I really can't think of anybody good for the main roles. But I desperately want Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli from Heroes) to play Jesse's Grandma (she is prominent in the early parts of the 2nd collection) and Clancy Brown (Brother Justin from the short-lived HBO series Carnivale and a brief appearance on Lost) as Jodie.

I can't wait for the response from the Catholic church. If movies like Dogma and the life piss them off so much...