Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Michhsta
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 3:15 am

CAN"T WAIT FOR THIS TO COME OUT!! !! !!

Finally, some real vampire action with heart.......Except for True Blood which was awesome.

Has anyone seen it yet?

Mics

kip
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 4:28 am

So long as it's not Twilight.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 5:05 am

Looked alright from the trailer I saw.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 4:08 pm

I saw it a couple of weeks ago.

It's not terrible, but it's not really all that good, either. I left the cinema with a resounding "meh".

The big problem was that it never really got started from its admittedly-quite-clever set-up - it just ambled along and didn't bother picking up. At all.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 6:06 pm

MrSinister wrote:
I saw it a couple of weeks ago.

It's not terrible, but it's not really all that good, either. I left the cinema with a resounding "meh".

The big problem was that it never really got started from its admittedly-quite-clever set-up - it just ambled along and didn't bother picking up. At all.

I pretty much agree with this. I felt the movie would've been much more interesting if they covered at least part of the transition from a Human-dominated society to a Vampire-dominated society.

I also did not like the way they handled the "solution" to the vampire's problem, it felt very rushed and didn't really fit with the apparent realism they were going for.