LOL at "Downsized" (a reality show on WEtv)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 8:11 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCo4HvrUnKg[/youtube]

This show is a freaking joke because:

1. My family's been poor for many years, but we don't have a show about it.

2. If the family gets paid to do "Downsized", doesn't that kill the whole purpose of the show?

3. Most of the kids are between 14 and 17. so why can't they get a job?

4. There's nothing wrong with shopping at places like Goodwill or The Salvation Army, I go to them all the time to buy some movies (either on VHS or DVD).

5. There's nothing wrong with using food stamps either.

6. I just can't relate to these kids in general, they're all pretty much slackers and spoiled brats. Plus, I appreciate the things my mom does and I don't play sports.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 9:06 pm

Hahaha, so true. I'm ashamed to admit that I even watch this show, but my family was recently downsized quite a bit so I thought I'd give it a run. My favorite was when the parents had a meeting with a financial adviser who told the mom she should give up her daily Starbuck's habit. She threw a fit like small child. I understand the need for caffeine, but come on. Brew you're own.

I'm a proud shopper at Goodwill and other second-hand stores that give the proceeds to charity. It's better for the environment, it saves me a ton of money, and at the same time I'm supporting a charitable cause.

And the fact that the family gets paid for the show really does completely ruin it.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 9:56 pm

I prefer to buy clothes at goodwill. Someone else used up all the negative karma from them.