Page 407 of 416 [ 6652 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 409, 410 ... 416  Next

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 4:01 pm

The Golden Girls like always.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 4:05 pm

Signs Of A Psychopath.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Mar 2024, 4:21 pm

I adore her :heart: ! !

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2024, 3:33 pm

Last night we finished watching our way through Doctor Who series 14.

EXCELLENTE X C E L L E N T !

The final episode, "The Power of the Doctor", brings in past Doctors and companions for a spectacular episode.

Apparently Jodie Whittaker's last appearance as The Doctor.

Jodie Whittaker is an excellent Doctor. One of the best.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2024, 6:36 pm

Still working my way through a Fringe re-watch. On the fifth and final season now and it's gone fully off the rails in my opinion but I'll see it through to the end.

Also binge watched Taboo over the last couple of days. It was strangely compelling. I liked it a lot.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2024, 9:19 pm

Marco - Better Call Saul (Season 1)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2024, 10:20 pm

Last Week With John Oliver.
Real Time With Bill Maher.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2024, 10:28 pm

Rifftrax where they make fun of a really bad rip-off of Charlies Angels called "Angel's Revenge".

Jason Thayer
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Mar 2024, 6:30 am

I'm nearly done with Goof Troop and Hilda.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 7:13 am

The final episode of Devs.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 4:09 pm

I'm on the final series of supernatural

Princess Viola
Toucan
Toucan

10 Mar 2024, 6:09 pm

I'm slowly making my way through a rewatch of the anime Super Dimension Fortress Macross. Watched episodes 5-7 today.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 7:43 pm

babybird wrote:
I'm on the final series of supernatural

This is a series I would be very interested in watching, but I believe it would be an epic bing watch.

Watched episodes 1 through 8 of Inspector Koo (2021) on DVD. Korean translation is A Wonderful Sight.

I watched this series on Netflix some time ago, last year. I really enjoyed it.

What I like about Koo Kyung-yi, played by Lee Young-ae, is she is a late forties alcoholic who life has become one of drinking and playing online MMORPG games in a house full of dirty dishes. She is coaxed out of retirement by her long time friend, Na Je-hee, with a state of the art gaming system. I feel for her. She chases people with knees that are not as good as they use to be, and a back that gets sore. Alcoholism is not funny. I've witnessed it first hand with some members of my family, but she is so funny when she stumbles on a can of beer or a bottle of whiskey. She is very paranoid, often saying "this is fishy" or "this is suspicious."

There is also K. A young, early twenties, serial killer whose victims appear to have died accidentally or died by suicide. She is young, pretty, with a bright smile. She is also a psychopath, and she is very intelligent. She may have killed Koo's husband. I honestly don't remember, but I do know she was involved. This was when she was in high school. He was a drama teacher.

There is Yong Sook, who looks like a kind well to do grandmother. She is runs the insurance company Na Je-hee works for and is the director of a foundation for children. She is well to do, but she is not kind. She is ruthless for power. She kills for power. K seeks her out and wants to kill for her.

There is also Santa, who never speaks. He uses a text to voice app. He is part of the online group Koo plays with. When he meets her for the first time, he is surprised how old she it. (funny) I don't remember what his story is either.

Recommended if you don't mind reading subtitles or understand Korean, and have Netflix. There is a lot of humor. One example. A barrow containing someone, is rolled down a hill to kill a person, and it cuts to video game with a barrow rolling. The video game barrow rolls off a cliff, and a skull scrolls up. "Game Over" Then it prompts "Continue Inspector Koo Y/N" "Y" is selected and the game continues, with the barrow rolling down a different path.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 12:23 am

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Lived.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 11:21 am

My bride had, for some reason, gotten a sweatshirt showing Doctor Who villains as cats. Most of them we easily recognized but "Clockwork Kitten" confused us. I did a little research and found "Clockwork Robots" and it was obvious why we did not immediately recognize Clockwork Kitten—Clockwork Robots did not appear in many episodes!

Last night we finished watching our way through all of the Clockwork Robot episodes (both of them):

"The Girl in the Fireplace" S2.E4, Oct 20, 2006

One of the top-ranked episodes and has David Tennant as the Doctor.

"Deep Breath" S8.E1, Aug 23, 2014

Where we see the Doctor get acquainted with his latest (at that time) regeneration (Peter Capaldi).

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2024, 4:46 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Last night we finished watching our way through all of the Clockwork Robot episodes (both of them):

"The Girl in the Fireplace" S2.E4, Oct 20, 2006

The Girl in the Fireplace is one of my favorite David Tennant episodes. There are several, but it is one of my favorite. Blink and Voyage of the Damn are two more. There are so many. Blink is more of a Sally Sparrow episode, but it is good, and it introduce use to The Weeping Angels and the young Carey Mulligan, and "wibbly wobbly timey wimey."

I am continuing my watch of The Ghost Detective (episode 18 of 32)

Any one familiar with Ducky from NCIC, played by the late David McCallum? He use to talk to the people lying on the gurneys in the morgue. It was an endearing quality. The Ghost Detective has a medical examiner as well, Gil Chae-won. Only she really can communicate with the dead, or at leas see blobby vague human shaped blobs. In her youth she was a Shaman. In episode 18, I just watched her lay her hands on the body of a man who it reported to have killed himself in a jail cell. A faint glow emanated from him. He was actually murdered. At that moment, she reminded me of Ducky, although to our knowledge, he was a man of science and not a shaman.

Still enjoying The Ghost Detective on KOCOWA. It's no Girl in the Fireplace, but it is still enjoyable. The "Fetch" was killed with a knife in the chest of the woman in a coma, but though she has no heartbeat, it didn't kill her, and she continues to kill and possess people. Although now she is a physical being.

I continue to be enthralled by how good an actor Park Eun-bin is. She has such an expressive face, without being "silent movie" style expressive. She has convincing subtlety.