Blue Jay

15 Dec 2013, 12:53 pm

I cant be the only one who likes the classic version, right? XD
DOCTOR WHO FTW XD

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 1:00 pm

I think most Doctor Who fans enjoy the older shows. We just enjoy certain Doctor's more because that is who introduced us to the TARDIS.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 1:07 pm

I love the old and new series-started with the old series with Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker and forward-actually saw Jon Pertwee at a Sci Fi convention in the 90's-very nice,very elegant gentleman

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 3:44 pm

I think that the pre 1990s, Dr Who is better than the modern Dr Who.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 10:47 pm

Yo.

On sabbatical...

ElderGodOfKadath
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2013, 3:41 pm

I like the classic series just as much as the new series. Even though Ecclestone was the Doctor when I started watching in 2005, Tom Baker has become my favourite by far. The special effects may not have been fantastic but I think the story-lines were better.

Neonhusky
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Dec 2013, 10:00 pm

ElderGodOfKadath wrote:
I like the classic series just as much as the new series. Even though Ecclestone was the Doctor when I started watching in 2005, Tom Baker has become my favourite by far. The special effects may not have been fantastic but I think the story-lines were better.

Haha, Tom Baker is my favorite as well!

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 12:50 pm

I like both classic and new series. I used to watch the classic stuff every Saturday when I was young. I finished watching it just in time for the new stuff to start coming out. :D

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 2:22 pm

Just as Sean Connery will always be James Bond, Dr Who will always be William Hartnell.

I feel after William Hartnell the BBC made the character into a bit of a Clown, like they did to James Bond when portrayed by Roger Moore.

Gwydion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jan 2014, 12:41 pm

I love the classic series. My favourite era is the Jon Pertwee years.

The eighties was horrible pretty much all the way through. The last series before it was canned was okay, but the show really did turn awful in that decade.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jan 2014, 3:45 pm

I grew up watching videos and repeats of classic Who so I've always had a strong preference for it. I do watch nu Who and there are certainly episodes that I would consider to be among the show's all-time greats (Human Nature, Blink, Dalek) but I generally find it less consistent than most seasons of classic Who.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2014, 11:59 am

I love the classic series and only like the new one.

I realise that an awful lot of that love results from nostalgia but I'd still rather watch the old stuff.

I can just about remember the last days of Jon Pertwee's run but Tom Baker was really my Doctor.

As I child I also loved the Target novelisations of the stories -anyone else remember those?

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 1:57 pm

Falloy wrote:
As I child I also loved the Target novelisations of the stories -anyone else remember those?

I do believe I still have the only one I ever had, I think it was the story of The Zarbi.

limping2victory
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2014, 7:46 pm

I was a big fan of the original series. I was on a Doctor Who message board in the years when tere was no original Doctor Who on tv. When they announced there would be a new series I was very excited. But I didn't like Christopher Eccleston, or Rose. So I waited for the next Doctor, and didn't like him either. Then came Matt Smith! :D But his stories were very hit and miss. I haven't watched the original series in ages. Might be about time to watch Inferno or The Mind Robber again. Two of my favorite episodes.

My fave Doctors are the first four and Matt Smith. My fave depends on the mood I'm in.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 2:03 pm

Don't blame story problems on the actors. That's the writer's/producer's error to deal with.

Gwydion

08 Jan 2014, 3:33 pm

I've got the Mannequin Mania box set, with the Auton stories from Pertwee's era!

Just about to put it on now, and watch it with my dinner!