What is the most disturbing movie you've see

Page 6 of 10 [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

CrystalNephtyse
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jul 2013, 1:13 pm

I have never actually seen the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" But I have seen some very disturbing parody's of it, the most disturbing being the episode of One Tree Hill : "Songs To Love And Die By" Now I can't think about that movie without thinking about that horribly disturbing episode. Before seeing that episode, I didn't think anything of "It's a Wonderful Life" But now I find it very cringe worthy

CrystalNephtyse

15 Jul 2013, 1:14 pm

I have never actually seen the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" But I have seen some very disturbing parody's of it, the most disturbing being the episode of One Tree Hill : "Songs To Love And Die By" Now I can't think about that movie without thinking about that horribly disturbing episode. Before seeing that episode, I didn't think anything of "It's a Wonderful Life" But now I find it very cringe worthy

glow
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 7:59 pm

The Aviator was depressing as well as Cabin Fever and there are some out there like the butterfly effect where I just thought what? in regards to Disney, I liked petes dragon, but not the grogans so I liked most of them but some of them like Pocahontas and Sinbad were a bit too swash buckley for my taste. Most people seem to think and act like they're pirates but given the art of true warfare, we excelled at it really.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 5:49 pm

To this day, the only film I dared not watch all the way through was Slaughtered Vomit Dolls. I do give the filmmaker credit, though. He said he went out to make the most horrifying film possible and I think he succeeded. I could, at least, sit through the films of Takashi Miike and some of those disturbing Japanese films, but SVD really takes the cake. It's just an unwatchable mess of a film, worse even than Irreversible.

Kris30
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2013, 4:36 pm

FalsettoTesla wrote:
I did a whole unit of study on shocking cinema for college. I think the most horrific thing I had to watch for that was the rape scene in Irreversible by Gaspar Noe.

A lot of Lilya 4 Ever by Lukas Moodysson is quite hard to watch. Funny Games is pretty messed up.

Visitor Q is one big whole mess of crazy.

It takes a lot for me to be genuinely disturbed by a movie, most mentioned here (that I've seen), I wouldn't really consider disturbing, two that you have mentioned however I would totally agree with.

Lilya 4 Ever is the most horrible film I've ever seen, It's child abuse seen through the eyes of the child and is now firmly planted in my never to watch again pile. If you watch movies to escape the horrors of real life (like me!), this movie is not for you. It's thought provoking, but horrible.

Irreversible is perhaps the most disturbing film I've ever seen, but I still appreciate it. Vincent Cassel is my favourite actor and he's brilliant in this movie. Also this is the first movie that I can recall that plays in reverse order, the point being that you still get the happy ending. I always thought that was such a good idea and rather poignant.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 4:15 pm

Natural Born Killers

The Exorcist

Elephant

Funny Games {1997 version}

Straw Dogs

Oldboy

Eraserhead

Mulholland Drive

Donnie Darko

No Country For Old Men

One Hour Photo

Last edited by AnonymousAnonymous on 26 Jul 2013, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 5:40 pm

I have stay away from disturbing films as an adult for the most part.

Carnival of Souls freaked me out as a kid. I didn't know what was coming. It's probably considered pretty tame now. I haven't seen it since.

I saw Night of the Living Dead and The Exorcist as a teen and both gave me nightmares. I haven't seen a zombie film since until the new World War Z came out, lured by the PG-13 rating. I like the change that film made to lessen the gross out factor.

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2013, 10:09 am

I have sort of a thing for watching weird movies, if I can find them, but I've held off watching A Serbian Film and The Human Centipede… I found A Serbian Film last night online and sorta skimmed some scenes and I saw the scene with a baby… I wasn't prepared to to feel like crap the next morning. That image and the atmosphere of the scene was a bit much for me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 10:25 am

I didn't like Hostel In fact I turned it off after about 5 minutes.

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2013, 10:55 am

babybird wrote:
I didn't like Hostel In fact I turned it off after about 5 minutes.
I didn't particularly care about the characters, but I watched it for the shock value. The eye scene was really bad.

I think by far the grossest film I've scene as far as gore is Ichi the Killer.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 11:23 am

the most disturbing movie i ever saw was when i rolled on top of my remote control when i was asleep and it switched the TV on inadvertently and the volume was at maximum. i do not know what the movie was because i curtailed it immediately.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 11:40 am

I don't really care much for disturbing movies, I think they're unnecessary.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 3:12 pm

Darialan wrote:
I have sort of a thing for watching weird movies, if I can find them, but I've held off watching A Serbian Film and The Human Centipede… I found A Serbian Film last night online and sorta skimmed some scenes and I saw the scene with a baby… I wasn't prepared to to feel like crap the next morning. That image and the atmosphere of the scene was a bit much for me.

If you want my honest opinion, the hype for The Human Centipede was so overrated that what you finally get to see is something of a let down.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Docion
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2013, 10:00 pm

Man behind the Sun. Hated it. Won't even watch A Serbian Film. Read enough to know to steer clear.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 12:43 pm

I hate Chainsaw Massacre

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

Webalina wrote:
The amputation scene in Pan's Labyrinth was pretty gruesome too, although you technically didn't see much, so most of it is in your head, similar to the shower scenes in Psycho and Scarface.

I thought the guy sewing his cheek up was worse.